JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had tinnitus since the 8th grade -- so 36ish years. I remember when I first noticed it I roamed the house for hours trying to figure out what was making that bubbleguming noise. Since then I've grown so used to it I don't really notice unless I think about it. Interestingly, it hasn't affected my hearing which is still excellent (to the annoyance of many in my office, LOL) even in the high frequencies. What is weird about it though, is that if I'm in total silence, it sounds nearly deafening but if I make the slightest sound such as rubbing two fingers together, the ringing disappears, then as soon as I stop making the sound the ringing comes back. I solve the problem of going to sleep by quietly playing an audiobook - the timer shuts it off in 15 minutes and it is a rare night I ever have to go another 15.

Mine is a ringing about the mid tone of womens voices ( sometimes a blessing, other times not LOL:rolleyes:)
If I am busy I don't notice it at all, but I notice too much salt or alcohol and its appears very loud.
Of course because I am talking about it right now I notice it. I use a sound machine that makes white noise and now
I sleep like a baby most times. It effects my hearing due to the range as mentioned some time certain women I cant hear well.:p

Last Edited:
Mine is a ringing about the mid tone of womens voices ( sometimes a blession, other times not LOL:rolleyes:)
If I am busy I don't notice it at all, but I notice too much salt or alcohol and its appears very loud.
Of course because I am talking about it right now I notice it. I use a sound machine that makes white noise and now
I sleep like a baby most times. It effects my hearing due to the range as mentioned some time certain women I cant hear well.:p
I hadn't heard mine all day until I got to the word "ringing" in your post. :rolleyes:

(Not your fault, not implying such.)

I have trouble with earmuffs. Since getting these my range time has been so much more enjoyable. I liked them so much i bought my brother-in-law a set for Christmas! ssshhhh... don't tell him! :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top