JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't posted here in quite a long time, but this topic caught my eye. Honestly, you guys are in the right track, but you are seriously understating the implications. Right now, the NW gets roughly 60% of it's power from hydroelectric and the remainder from evil fossil fuel power plants. Boardman has already shut down and plant in Chehalis is running at 25% output with full closure scheduled in the next couple of years. Power in the NW is currently.06 to .08 /kWh. Once the left has sut down the 40% of power sources that aren't hydro (but they also want to breech the dams...so..), our costs will be about .40/kWh.... When you can get it of course. Simultaneously, PNNL has developed a control system for utilities to help "meet the electrification grid overhead". Translation: the utility will take control of your house temperature, water heater settings, and lighting to keep you in the dark, cold, and with cold water to stretch electricity in the grid.

Did I mention I just installed a 20 kW generator at my house? Grab your bubblegum boys, this is gonna get real.

I haven't posted here in quite a long time, but this topic caught my eye. Honestly, you guys are in the right track, but you are seriously understating the implications. Right now, the NW gets roughly 60% of it's power from hydroelectric and the remainder from evil fossil fuel power plants. Boardman has already shut down and plant in Chehalis is running at 25% output with full closure scheduled in the next couple of years. Power in the NW is currently.06 to .08 /kWh. Once the left has sut down the 40% of power sources that aren't hydro (but they also want to breech the dams...so..), our costs will be about .40/kWh.... When you can get it of course. Simultaneously, PNNL has developed a control system for utilities to help "meet the electrification grid overhead". Translation: the utility will take control of your house temperature, water heater settings, and lighting to keep you in the dark, cold, and with cold water to stretch electricity in the grid.

Did I mention I just installed a 20 kW generator at my house? Grab your bubblegum boys, this is gonna get real.
So all the fun of living in TX without having to have the Dallas Cowboys as your hometown football team! :D

Not to mention obesity isn't a thing in North Korea. There's literally only ONE fat guy in the entire country…..
215l9l.jpg

250 gallon propane tank.
Motorsnorkle.com has kits to convert most small gasoline engines to dual fuel…actually triple fuel. You can run gasoline, propane or natural gas
I was trying to funny-sarcastic. Like....Aren't nat gas and propane evil, destroy the atmosphere, evil? Or will it be, if your wealthy enough you can get all the fossil fuels you need, kind of thing?

I was trying to funny-sarcastic. Like....Aren't nat gas and propane evil, destroy the atmosphere, evil? Or will it be, if your wealthy enough you can get all the fossil fuels you need, kind of thing?
Their magical answer to breeching the hydro dams and eliminating fossil fuels would be to give everyone solar panels. However, in order not to offend migrating birds it will be mandated that they can only be used at night.

Lol. I would like someone to do the math on this.
How many data centers in the last 10 years have been installed?
How much power do they use?
How many back up generator does each data center have. And diesel
How many kw is each generator that they have.
I build power lines for a living and I can tell you this! When Amazon or google puts a new data center in and they have a double circuit 230,000 volt line in to there center that's a lot of power!
Now ask your self this, when was the last time you heard of the US building a new generation system.
Yet people want to take down dams and put up wind mills and solar farms that are not reliable…..oh wait! It takes steel, Fiberglass, and lithium batteries and petroleum product and a hand full of other stuff to keep them up and running. so please tell me where all of your power is going! Tell me !

I just visited my son in Spokane....his neighbor installed 10 solar panels on his roof. The panels have been covered with snow and frost for two months! That's 100% inefficiency!
That is why I am going to put my panels on the ground (above the ground, but such that they are accessible from the ground - i.e., I will be able to clean clear them while standing on the ground). That said, I won't expect too much power during the winter as there is so much cloud cover on the wet-side and there is nothing I can do about that except have more panels than I need.

Yes, California Governor Newsom is already expressing regret about having a nuclear facility permanently shutdown in 2025. That plant/site generates 9% of the electricity for California. Got popcorn?...
Simple solution. . . Build new nuke plants.
Safer and more efficent. . .

But it doesn't fit with the global plans.

I can't find the article now. But in about August, the leading environmental proponent of shutting down Diablo Canyon switch course and came out in support of keeping it open (and even opening more nuke plants). Keep in mind, this guy was so against Diablo Canyon, that he spent a very large portion of his life trying to get it shut down. He has decided the only viable way we can combat global warming is nuke power. Wind and solar will not cut it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top