JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was a kid in the late 60s -early 70s there was going to be some cataclysm that would would have the earth or oceans swallow California
As bad as California is, imagine how bad it will be if the earth swallows it and then vomits it back up?

Anyway Pacific Gas and Electric has neglected its infrastructure for decades and starting in 2010 it really started to collapse when their gas line exploded in San Bruno killing 8 or 10 people. 2018 (IIRC) PG&E's neglected power lines started the Camp fire, 84 dead, the town of Paradise erased and 153,000+ acres burned.
And of course the rolling blackouts. Poor planning, poor maintenance and poor oversight. The trifecta needed for a grid collapse.

When I was a kid in the late 60s -early 70s there was going to be some cataclysm that would would have the earth or oceans swallow California
As bad as California is, imagine how bad it will be if the earth swallows it and then vomits it back up?

Anyway Pacific Gas and Electric has neglected its infrastructure for decades and starting in 2010 it really started to collapse when their gas line exploded in San Bruno killing 8 or 10 people. 2018 (IIRC) PG&E's neglected power lines started the Camp fire, 84 dead, the town of Paradise erased and 153,000+ acres burned.
And of course the rolling blackouts. Poor planning, poor maintenance and poor oversight. The trifecta needed for a grid collapse.
I would throughly enjoy seeing PG&E close up shop and hand over the keys to the Governor.

Here is the link ( I think it's in order) for the whole cali fire PG&E bullsh!t! Well worth the watch, it's a several part series, and it's best to follow the drop down links provided for the entire season in order!

Make sure to take any blood pressure meds, have adult beverages at hand, and plenty of energy, you will be screaming mad!

Here is the link ( I think it's in order) for the whole cali fire PG&E bullsh!t! Well worth the watch, it's a several part series, and it's best to follow the drop down links provided for the entire season in order!

Make sure to take any blood pressure meds, have adult beverages at hand, and plenty of energy, you will be screaming mad!
Watched it last night. Incredibly short and one sided view of how it works. Lots of half truth and if you wish to see the angle this is from look no further then the people interviewed and the narration. You get your very first view of the direction at about 8:50 of the first segment not to mention the "expert" in forest management is from UC Berkley. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of PG&E as they are really messed up, but this series is pretty one sided at best.

Watched it last night. Incredibly short and one sided view of how it works. Lots of half truth and if you wish to see the angle this is from look no further then the people interviewed and the narration. You get your very first view of the direction at about 8:50 of the first segment not to mention the "expert" in forest management is from UC Berkley. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of PG&E as they are really messed up, but this series is pretty one sided at best.
Unfortunately, seems everything is pretty one sided these days! Still, it's a pretty deep look at what happened! Taken with a grain of salt and all, it's still pretty good!

Unfortunately, seems everything is pretty one sided these days! Still, it's a pretty deep look at what happened! Taken with a grain of salt and all, it's still pretty good!
Ya but the whole presentation paints PGE as the boogieman and California is in bed with them. Really what option is Cali got? Take it over? I don't think anyone wants that. While PGE is to blame for starting the fires no real alternative exists for the power that PGE provides. Dissolve PGE? OK who is gonna come in and magically make all the maintenance problems go away? Were talking a decade of maintenance or more. If PGE was disolved and someone took over they are not going to just build a whole new system. Lots of blame to go around and some goes to PGE and some to the state. One of the major reasons the fires are so bad that the video didn't mention was the lack of logging and general forest management not to mention all the environmental BS hoops needed to even maintain the system.

Ya but the whole presentation paints PGE as the boogieman and California is in bed with them. Really what option is Cali got? Take it over? I don't think anyone wants that. While PGE is to blame for starting the fires no real alternative exists for the power that PGE provides. Dissolve PGE? OK who is gonna come in and magically make all the maintenance problems go away? Were talking a decade of maintenance or more. If PGE was disolved and someone took over they are not going to just build a whole new system. Lots of blame to go around and some goes to PGE and some to the state. One of the major reasons the fires are so bad that the video didn't mention was the lack of logging and general forest management not to mention all the environmental BS hoops needed to even maintain the system.
Maybe we were watching different videos, but the one I was watching talked about the lack of clearing/allowing fires to burn.

Personally I expect much more than electrical shortages. The next power play may indeed be a full grid power/services/internet shutdown.

TPTB love to tell us in advance what fear play they are planning and this is just one of them. Everyone from the Potato to the WEF/K.S. have openly said grid 'hacks' are coming. Of course, falsely blamed on our 'enemies' like Russia, etc, for a two for one. Blamed on Crypto also, so goodbye (non gov approved) Crypto. Complete new WEC-approved digital currency after restoration of the grid. A full grid shutdown is expected to expire 22-24% of the US population in just 30 days. Now that is what I call thinning the herd.

Sucks that my remaining years on the planet will be one fear campaign and manipulation of the gullible, one after another. All for complete control, and they'll get it. Right now, the WEF is being granted crazy powers. Goodbye US independence, hello global gov via a slew of 3-letter agencies. Other than that, enjoy the buffet. A life spent fretting over something we cannot control is no life. Like Carlin said, voting is a joke, we have owners. Accept the ant farm. Life is easier that way.

It did. The obvious solution would be a for profit logging operation not costly thinning and brush removal.
Profit logging can do thinning and brush removal, it just isn't as profitable as clear cutting. The benefit of thinning, properly done, is that combined with strips of clear cutting, it reduces the fire danger.

I had the woods around my house thinning on the house side of the gully, and had the logger do brush removal. I personally went thru the woods and hand marked the trees I wanted cut and those conifers I didn't mark would be left alone. I requested any hardwood trees less than 1' in diameter at the trunk be cut/etc., and stacked in the slash piles, while removing most of the "brush".

I went thru and marked the conifers that were too close together, to immature or not doing well enough to compete with the mature trees, and I marked trees that were a danger to falling on buildings. Then after the logging and logger work was done, I rented a dozer for a week and did more clearing of brush and stumps and cleaning up of the ruts/etc. the logger left behind, then I went thru with a drag harrow. Now the area is mostly clear - people say it looks like a park.

The mature trees have some distance between them so it is harder for fire to jump from one tree to another. The mature trees are more fire resistant, there is less limb fall onto the ground, and much much less hardwoods which are vulnerable to wind damage because they are brittle and their limbs/etc. are a mish mash, making it hard for people to move thru them, plus their leaves and limbs fall more easily, and they generally have much more fuel closer to the ground.

I had the other half of my property (on the west side of the gully clear cut, which provides much less fuel for fires, is something of a barrier to fire movement, there is now a clear road for fire equipment to move thru the land and much easier for fire fighters to fight fire (whereas before there was nothing - even walking thru the forest was difficult and in a fire it would be dangerous due to falling trees) - they don't have to cut down trees or deal with them burning. It has been replanted, but probably needs to be replanted again.

The problem is that even this is not optimum; it reduces the habitat for some animals/birds/etc. that do better in dense forests. Also, leaving the conifers only, makes for a "mono-culture" of trees - more or less.

I did leave some hardwoods on the east side of the gully slope alone - I would prefer they not be there, but the choice was to allow cutting of the conifers on that slope and I felt they were already thin enough, plus it would have made a mess of the slope, and not one that was easily cleaned up like the forest near the house which is much more level and not very sloped. Plus I wanted a wind break there, and I am glad I left it alone, as it makes a significant difference when the wind picks up, but if a fire reaches that area, it is not cleared like the rest of my land.

Anyway, that is my take as a very part time tree farmer and full time landowner native of the PNW.

May 10th is the next update for reservoir levels, and this will have some impact on the PNW electricity generation via the dams. I don't think the PNW will have problems in this regard - we usually export at least some of that power south and north.
Having worked in the power utility industry, I can state that the PNW generates about 83/GWhr per year and exports approximately 17/GWhr at 3 pooling points - BC, MT and CA - so we'll be fine so long as the pooling point contracts allow for us to retain power when demand is high. Adding wind power in the Gorge and other places has added to that capacity, but it's not consistent and can't be relied upon for continuous power, especially when it gets hot as those weather patterns tend to have a lack of wind when they occur.

The power utility industry has been literally screaming the message that our power infrastructure cannot handle even 20% of the country operating private electric vehicles let alone the Left's demented plan to convert the trucking industry to electric. I'm going to keep making the argument that one cannot simultaneously force the public out of their fossil fuel based vehicles while making it impossible to bring new power generation plants online. Recipe for disaster, and maybe that's what they want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top