JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend bought one and I wasn't much interested until I rode it and started thinking about using it hunting. Rad Rover brand with a 750 watt battery, pedal assist if you want and big 4" fat tires. I might get one if I hadn't bought three guns in the last few weeks.

My 82yr old father bought one last month. It arrived missing some parts and the company couldn't make it right, so he returned it for a refund. I never did get to see it and was looking forward to checking it out.

I saw a couple gals riding them out in the middle of nowhere a couple weeks ago. They seemed to be getting around quite well. That will probably change when the goatheads start scattering.

67EB1F11-E77E-420F-B3C0-C968829411BE.jpeg I think they are a great idea for the backwoods hunting and sneaking in to game.

But not for that price tag. I'll pedal. My fat arse need the exercise anyway.

Not sure how an electric bike would do on the steep hills I hunt in anyway

Last Edited:
For the price one could spend not too much more and get an electric motorcycle.

Check the rules/regs/laws for the trails you intend to ride - in WA state most, if not all, of the trails considered an electric bicycle to be the same as a motorcycle and they were banned where a motorcycle would be banned.

That said, an e-bicycle would be much lighter than an e-motorcycle, allowing you to get it over obstacles.

I have thought of getting one, but I would want suspension front and rear, and fat tires for traction and a softer ride. I haven't seen one like that - usually the fat tired bikes only have suspension in the front because they consider the fat tires to be suspension in and of themselves.

For the price one could spend not too much more and get an electric motorcycle.

Check the rules/regs/laws for the trails you intend to ride - in WA state most, if not all, of the trails considered an electric bicycle to be the same as a motorcycle and they were banned where a motorcycle would be banned.

That said, an e-bicycle would be much lighter than an e-motorcycle, allowing you to get it over obstacles.

I have thought of getting one, but I would want suspension front and rear, and fat tires for traction and a softer ride. I haven't seen one like that - usually the fat tired bikes only have suspension in the front because they consider the fat tires to be suspension in and of themselves.

There are ebikes with full suspension if you have deep pockets. This is the bike my buddy bought and he is real happy with it. 2019 RadRover Electric Fat Bike

And when the battery stops working you're left pedaling a 68lb bicycle. Plus whatever else you're packing.

I'd rather just walk.

In a SHTF situation, an e-bike would get you 25-50 miles further than walking, in one to two hours. Of course, so would a pure pedal bike, but it would take longer, especially if you are out of shape and/or there are hills to climb - both of which as true in my situation.

In a SHTF situation, if walking is better than pedaling an e-bike with a flat battery, then you just get off and walk. For hunting, if you are going 25 miles back into some area, then you had better be able to walk long distances and have the logistics support on your back.

In a relatively flat area, even a 70 pound bike is better than no bike at all.

A friend bought one and I wasn't much interested until I rode it and started thinking about using it hunting. Rad Rover brand with a 750 watt battery, pedal assist if you want and big 4" fat tires. I might get one if I hadn't bought three guns in the last few weeks.
I have one, enjoy it and can get you a discount as a former purchaser. I bought the rad city and enjoy it,the rover with the bigger tires and add-on racks is a beast. the Mule is worth looking at as well. Tarrifs will go up soon, add another 20-25%!

Guess I'm just getting old. I'm pretty much over all the SHTF and TEOTWAWKI stuff so I don't have a use for such a device.

I ride a cheap mtn bike that weighs ~45lbs and that's heavy to me. If I need to travel farther than I'm able to walk or pedal, there are better options (for me).

If it works for you, awesome. Whatever floats your cookie. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top