JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The special election in November to fill the senate vacancy has the potential to shift the balance of the legislature.
Here are the candidates: Jinyoung Lee Englund & Manka Dhingra

There are a few others that should be noteworthy also found on Ballotpedia.
Washington elections, 2017 - Ballotpedia

After the ruling on the Seattle gun tax there was a bit of aggravation with the decision of the judges.
Here is your chance to do your own research and elect a more suitable candidate.

Following is a link for "lawyer finders" where I searched for Tony Hazel, who happens to be running for a local position as a judge in Spokane county.
Lawyer Directory

If you click on his name you can see his profile and if you are so inclined you can send him email.

Also note the lawyer directory has "discipline notices" this is where you can see if a lawyer has been disciplined.

NOW....Tony has a bar number just like all bar approved attorneys.
Search the court records here Washington Courts - Search Case Records ; click accept at the bottom and plug in the bar # here.
Washington Courts - Search Case Records
Choose a date range, (I usually go back one year and move forward) and number of days to search.

It appears Tony has not been in a court room in over a year. That is not necessarily a bad thing but is likely indicative of his role in the Spokane County Superior Court. You did read the disclaimer stating information on that website is not guaranteed to be correct right?

There is a LOT of public information on the inter-webs; it is incumbent upon us all to seek out the information we need to make informed decisions in the elections.

~Whitney

The special election in November to fill the senate vacancy has the potential to shift the balance of the legislature.
Here are the candidates: Jinyoung Lee Englund & Manka Dhingra

That's the big one for WA gun owners, because if Dhingra wins you can expect a bevy of gun control laws (and higher and more taxes):

Manka Dhingra said:
I will prioritize bringing common sense gun legislation to the floor.
Manka Dhingra said:
This is an important issue for our district, and voters need to know that the candidate they elect will fight in the Legislature for gun responsibility (gun control).
Manka Dhingra said:
The amount of gun-related tragedies in our state and across the country is unacceptable. As a prosecutor, I am aware of loopholes in our current laws that need to be closed and would prioritize doing that.
I am Manka Dhingra, the Democrat running for WA State Senate in the 45th LD - because the stakes at home and in the other Washington couldn't be higher. AMA. • r/Seattle

anti-gun group said:
Tonight, the Alliance for Gun Responsibility celebrated as nearly all gun responsibility candidates at the state, county and municipal level advanced to the general election, highlighted by Manka Dhingra

///////snip//////////

Manka Dhingra is one of the strongest gun responsibility candidates in the state of Washington and we are thrilled to see her advance to the general election.
Strong 2017 Primary Election Results for Gun Violence Prevention Movement - Alliance for Gun Responsibility

ST said:
The GOP currently controls the Senate and taking over could allow Democrats to push for action on climate change, gun regulations, a more progressive tax structure and new state revenue for schools and other programs.
Trump effect? Control of Washington state Legislature hinges on this critical Eastside race

I can't find any thing on the 2A for Englund, but the dems and anti's keep screeching that she's a shill for the "pro-gun lobby politicians and causes", so that's enough of a reason for the pro 2A folks in District 45 to vote for Englund and against Dhingra.

Ray

What's at risk? YOUR RIGHTS.

I want everyone to read this OPED from the Seattle Times. Please note who Jamie Pederson is.

Now I want everyone to go watch THIS short PBS video Guns: Control, Safety, and Rights .
The video is from 2012 shortly after Pederson took the place of Adam Kline in the Legislature and is Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The next legislative session could prove to be a very detrimental to gun owners. You have heard of all these people before in my crossposted URL from 2012......WAGR / Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility/

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but it is IMPORTANT that everyone eligible to vote in the November election Vote.
If you are unsure of the candidates then lets talk it up here. Lots of smart folks here, and while we don't all make the same play I would submit we are all headed towards the same goal line.

~Whitney

https://kcts9.org/public-matters-cr-douglas/guns-control-safety-and-rights

Following is a link for "lawyer finders" where I searched for Tony Hazel, who happens to be running for a local position as a judge in Spokane county.
Lawyer Directory

If you click on his name you can see his profile and if you are so inclined you can send him email.

Also note the lawyer directory has "discipline notices" this is where you can see if a lawyer has been disciplined.

NOW....Tony has a bar number just like all bar approved attorneys.
Search the court records here Washington Courts - Search Case Records ; click accept at the bottom and plug in the bar # here.
Washington Courts - Search Case Records
Choose a date range, (I usually go back one year and move forward) and number of days to search.

It appears Tony has not been in a court room in over a year. That is not necessarily a bad thing but is likely indicative of his role in the Spokane County Superior Court. You did read the disclaimer stating information on that website is not guaranteed to be correct right?

There is a LOT of public information on the inter-webs; it is incumbent upon us all to seek out the information we need to make informed decisions in the elections.

~Whitney

That link only shows court hearings in district and municipal court. Tony Hazel has been a superior court prosecutor for many years, which is why his bar number doesn't show up. Prosecutors don't generally have their individual bar numbers associated with cases. Tony was appointed by the governor in January of this year to the superior court bench because Judge Cozza died. He's been a judge since then. He's now running for a full term.

That link only shows court hearings in district and municipal court. Tony Hazel has been a superior court prosecutor for many years, which is why his bar number doesn't show up. Prosecutors don't generally have their individual bar numbers associated with cases. Tony was appointed by the governor in January of this year to the superior court bench because Judge Cozza died. He's been a judge since then. He's now running for a full term.

Do you interpret his rulings to be generally constitutional or generally biased? It is important to understand the constitutional interpretation of the decisions all judges make. While the rules for judges mandate they keep personal opinion in check we are all human. I am sure most have seen or read instances where judges make biased comments on jury decisions that did not go a "certain" way. Not picking on Tony just trying to engage some thoughtful discussion on the candidates for November. Citizenship is a verb after all.

Why do you suppose Manka Dhingra's bar number resolves the same as Tony Hazel?

~Whitney

I've only been in front of Hazel once and he ruled against me/my client on a firearms issue. I can't get into specifics.

However, he's generally regarded as pro-2A. He's taught classes at the local range and spoke to me personally after the hearing to express that he would have liked to rule in my client's favor but couldn't. I think he could, but that becomes a legal disagreement, not a political one.

I don't understand your other question.

I've only been in front of Hazel once and he ruled against me/my client on a firearms issue. I can't get into specifics.

However, he's generally regarded as pro-2A. He's taught classes at the local range and spoke to me personally after the hearing to express that he would have liked to rule in my client's favor but couldn't. I think he could, but that becomes a legal disagreement, not a political one.

I don't understand your other question.
My second question regarding her bar number was referring to the Washington Courts site.
I put the bar number in the Courts site to find cases she represented as I was interested in the outcome.

What I am trying to do in layman terms is conduct my own research as unbiased as possible. I am not too familiar with the search functions of the Washington Courts site. I would submit most of us not in the legal profession don't really understand how to conduct the research on these types of candidates effectively. The campaign websites are of course biased so I am disregarding all of that for both candidates.

I would be open to any instruction you are willing to provide.

~Whitney

She is/was a prosecutor. I explained earlier that prosecutors do not have their individual bar numbers attached to criminal cases, which is why you can't look it up using that search function. In the context of criminal cases, only defense lawyers who appear in district or municipal court (as opposed to superior court) have their bar numbers attached to the cases. If you want more about her, you can submit a public disclosure request to the King County Prosecutor's Office.

It looks like Suckattle and Kinky Kounty have stuck it to Washington once again! It's still undecided but that just means They're looking for all the ballots that need to be counted a second time so it's settled in their favor.:mad::mad::mad:

It looks like Suckattle and Kinky Kounty have stuck it to Washington once again! It's still undecided but that just means They're looking for all the ballots that need to be counted a second time so it's settled in their favor.:mad::mad::mad:

Yep, just like Gregoire did 3 times!!!!!
We are screwed by the mail in ballot scheme they shoved down our throats!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top