JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not really bought anything in at least six months. As such I guess I really don't know what the markets like

I had a friend contact me last night looking for AR lowers, said that he was having trouble finding anything in stock at any price locally.

Just curious what you're seeing out there, what it feels like?

Is it happening? Or is it just a bunch of hot air ?
I don't think Smaug bought anything either.
lol

Is Curts discount shooters still stocked up on Mega Arms recievers? Those are one item Id love to get my hands on. I believe this time around people will be more "choosy" when making purchases.

I think anybody who bought an AR lower as an investment is going to be sorely disappointed. I think there about 10 million guys who each bought three or four thinking they were going to triple their money. I bet there's an easy 30 million more lower receivers in circulation than there was the day of Sandyhook. Probably a hundred million more 30 rd AR mags. All of which is great but not conducive to big profits.

I predict that no matter how crazy things get nobody's going to be paying $200 for an Anderson lower or 50 bucks for a Pmag

I wouldn't underestimate the skiddishness of the average gun consumer nor the greed of the average retailer. IMO all it would take for a full fledged feeding frenzy is for a few big retailers to pull all their merchandise for a few days following the election and then slowly start trickling it out for it all to start again. I wouldn't trust the guys who stand to make a massive profit from a scare to not artificially manipulate the market.

I mean conventional wisdom says there is no good reason for .22 lr to still be hit and miss for going on 4 yrs. There are billions of rounds on the market but it is still a hot commodity.

I think a panic with Trump winning is more likely than one with Hillary winning.

Think about it. We've had panics in the past, and we all learn from experience. Those of us who are serious have stocked up by now. The people more likely to panic buy are those just getting into guns. There are a lot more liberals in this category than conservatives, and liberals are as fearful of Trump winning, as conservatives are of Hillary. So, a bigger panic with Trump.

I think a panic with Trump winning is more likely than one with Hillary winning.

Think about it. We've had panics in the past, and we all learn from experience. Those of us who are serious have stocked up by now. The people more likely to panic buy are those just getting into guns. There are a lot more liberals in this category than conservatives, and liberals are as fearful of Trump winning, as conservatives are of Hillary. So, a bigger panic with Trump.

First time I've read anyone put it this way. Yes, we have past experience. IME, the panic buying happened during Democrat party administrations. I cannot remember a panic during any Republican administration. But then, Trump would not be a typical Republican.

Not be rude, but I think this logic is so terrible.

What reason do they have to panic though? They shouldn't have to be concerned about Trump attacking the 2nd amendment or our gun rights in general, if he is to be believed (I know many don't believe him). But what concern would grip them under Trump that would get them to suddenly arm themselves? A coming revolution? I don't think many on the left think that way.

But then again, this election has been unlike anything in past history in this country, we may all be surprised at the outcome.

As a side note - people are beotching about Trump refusing to say he'll accept the results of the election. That doesn't surprise me at all. What does surprise me is that people think that Hillary will accept the results. As Al Gore, her party buddy, has already demonstrated back in 2000, there are times that politicians refuse to accept the results, and will even file lawsuits to try and get them overturned. Hypocrites the lot of them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top