JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's all right I am born and bred Southern. Awright, here is where I need to tap into the collective wisdom of everyone. I want to put a night sight on a cz75pcr. It is a carry piece. My main issue with 3 dot night sights is my eyes look at them like letters and will scan left to right every time. Daytime is OK. Night is another matter. I have XS Big Dots on another 9mm and they are OK. No complaints. I have in my possession a new MeproLight ML-17777 front night sight- made for cz compacts P01/pcr. I want to keep the factory rear sight as is and just add the MeproLight right up front. By every best measuring device I have it looks like it could work. It would be nice to have the POA/POI the same as it is now. Anyone tried this? Besides carry I use it to shoot steel and targets. Reasonable accuracy after the change would be a huge plus. So, please, ejucate me. Thanks

well if you go to Meprolight's website it says their ML-17777 sights are designed to work on a cz75, and 75D pcr, doesn't say anything about a P01/pcr but I bet it will work for your 75pcr.
http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid={906EF80E-627D-4984-AB90-6D54EB32E72A}&details_type=1&itemid={587DABFA-9664-4DDC-830C-D3C1ADCF8B32}

assuming yours is 9mm.

I bet it would work. If the height of the new sight is the same as the old it will work. The only other thing to look for is if the new front sight is wider than the notch in the old rear.

I can tell you from experience if you put any aftermarket sights on a gun its hit or miss, there is no "reasonable accuracy" they will either be dead on or very high or low. I put some Trijicons on a 1911 and the sight they shown on their website didn't work, but they took care of me for free under warranty. Kind of a pain but worth it in the end.

Yes, mine is a 9mm. I'll also bet that the new front sight is wider than the rear sight. The factory sights are minuscule little things. To get the weapon to reliably hit POA I have to use a pyramid type of hold. The front sight needs to be clearly held higher than the 2 rear dots. Using a typical sight picture [level dots] it tends to shoot measurably low at 10 yards. If I put the front sight on the bull and mostly ignore the rear sights it will chew the center out every time. Took me about 400 rounds to figure that one out. LOL However the last 100 shot were dead on shooting clover leaves. Thanks for your input.

Yes, mine is a 9mm. I'll also bet that the new front sight is wider than the rear sight. The factory sights are minuscule little things. To get the weapon to reliably hit POA I have to use a pyramid type of hold. The front sight needs to be clearly held higher than the 2 rear dots. Using a typical sight picture [level dots] it tends to shoot measurably low at 10 yards. If I put the front sight on the bull and mostly ignore the rear sights it will chew the center out every time. Took me about 400 rounds to figure that one out. LOL However the last 100 shot were dead on shooting clover leaves. Thanks for your input.

It depends on what type of sight picture the manufacturer designed. If your putting the bullseye on top of the front sight and its shooting low, it sounds like you need to use a dead center hold your supposed to cover the bullseye with the entire front post. You might not need new sights.

I don't know your guns or sights but have something to think about that with varying degree, applies to all sights .
Possibly not of paramount importance for some, everybody sees things differently.
However I have found that that in the visual perspective, with regards to diminishing parallel lines, the width of the rear sight opening, and the thickness of the front sight, if not properly proportioned for the given distance between the sights can cause sight alignment grief (for me). For instance, a perfect arrangement on a six inch barrel often is best situated with a thinner front blade on a 2 1/2" inch barrel allowing it to stay within the confines of the rear sight opening . By the same token, having the front dot the same size but on different barrel lengths changes the perspective size of the dot radically.
This consideration has helped me some.

I'm partial to Heinie Straight Eight sights myself.

Str88.jpg

I want to keep the factory rear sight as is and just add the MeproLight right up front.

That's what I did on my CZ-75BD, although I think the front was a different brand than Meprolight (I'd have to dig around to be sure). I also blacked out the rear dots because I don't like complication. CZ's point well anyway; if I can't see the rears, who cares.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top