JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 1911a1 ejects at random angles mostly from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock sometimes high sometimes low sometimes straight back at my face sometimes forward sometimes to the left(I'm right handed). I've changed the recoil spring taken out the ejector and cleaned it. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions.

I suspect that you've taken the extractor out and cleaned it, not the ejector.

Extractor tension and the forward face of the ejector control where the brass goes.

The spring that everyone refers to as the recoil spring has nothing to do with it. Changing it can very easily create more (and different) problems.

You might want to consider using a gunsmith until you know how your weapon works.

Very good advice. I don't necessarily know the terminology and I make mistakes calling things by a different name but I actually do have a pretty good understanding how it works. A worn out recoil spring can affect extraction of the casing very unlikely but never the less my spring was worn out. Didn't cause any problems today.

Very good advice. I don't necessarily know the terminology and I make mistakes calling things by a different name but I actually do have a pretty good understanding how it works. A worn out recoil spring can affect extraction of the casing very unlikely but never the less my spring was worn out. Didn't cause any problems today.

The best way to learn anything is hands on. Asking for and obtaining good information always helps. The heck with the gun smith, if you want to learn anything go after it, get it yourself- for life.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads