JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. When I shoot my p01 at indoor ranges I get the casings ejecting out and hitting me in the forehead or face with considerable velocity sometimes. Obviously getting smacked in the face with hot brass detracts from the enjoyment of shooting. I've read a lot about CZ compacts shooting out casings farther than average. Like 20 ft or more. I'd like to get this figured out.

My thoughts are that the ejector could be reshaped to eject the casings more outward and less upward. I have both a 16lb and 14lb (lighter than factory) recoil spring and it occurs with both. I'm shooting most 115gr ammo. Anyone locally have smithing experience with CZ pistols? Would really like to get this fixed.

I would send it to Cajun Gun Works or Cz for adjustment.
Although I realize this is the best course of action, I'd prefer to avoid sending my gun off for an undefined period of time for what seems like a straightforward fix for most gunsmiths.

I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. When I shoot my p01 at indoor ranges I get the casings ejecting out and hitting me in the forehead or face with considerable velocity sometimes. Obviously getting smacked in the face with hot brass detracts from the enjoyment of shooting. I've read a lot about CZ compacts shooting out casings farther than average. Like 20 ft or more. I'd like to get this figured out.

My thoughts are that the ejector could be reshaped to eject the casings more outward and less upward. I have both a 16lb and 14lb (lighter than factory) recoil spring and it occurs with both. I'm shooting most 115gr ammo. Anyone locally have smithing experience with CZ pistols? Would really like to get this fixed.

Sounds like the extractor needs to be tuned. Id reach out to CZ and see if they'll send you a different extractor spring. They sent me a new P-10C recoil spring without asking many questions other than serial number.

This may sound like a silly question, but how do you shoot?

My buddy shoots right-handed, but is left-eye dominant, so aims with his left eye. He gets beaned in the forehead more often than he likes.

My buddy shoots right-handed, but is left-eye dominant, so aims with his left eye. He gets beaned in the forehead more often than he likes.
Same standard isosceles stance I use with all my guns. Right eye aim but both eyes open

Im right handed and am right eyed dominate. However my brother is left eye dominate and even though he is right handed he shoots left handed. When I had a P-01 we didn't have any issues with it hitting us in the face

Just got a response from Cajun and they recommend filing the ejector tip to point toward the top. Shouldn't pop the rounds up as much

Do you have a link to video or directions? My SP 01 and PCR have no issues like this, but my P10c consistently hits me in the forehead, then falls into my shirt.

I shoot with random brass brands of ammo. I have had the occasional shot to the forehead as well. Nothing extreme. I wonder if it is ammo related. I mostly shoot outdoors.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top