JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really excited for this one, also an important note from the ASA:

IMG_0032.jpg

We're currently seeing most Form 4s coming back anywhere from 8-11 months, so hopefully this cuts down on it significantly.

And then I'll also be impulse buying some stuff for myself.

Just got this news in an email today, seems encouraging? I am not very familiar with the NFA world! (Still waiting on my first suppressor to get approved, going on 9 months now)

I called the ATF a few days ago and was told they're running about 8 months...possibly a bit more with the holidays. My check was cashed in May, so I'm crossing my fingers for a January delivery...

Assuming a commensurate drop in Form 4 processing time down to something similar to current Form 1's this is awesome news. Also sounds like they are doing a revamp to the Form 1 while they are at it.

I called the ATF a few days ago and was told they're running about 8 months...possibly a bit more with the holidays. My check was cashed in May, so I'm crossing my fingers for a January delivery...
I did a pretty good job of not worrying about it too much, but ever since November came around I've been eagerly awaiting/checking the status on SilencerShop! I'm hoping for at least a pre-Christmas surprise!

My check was cashed in March on two cans….still impatiently waiting 😂

I check the NFA approval tracker almost daily on Reddit, looks like they are still working through mostly February 2020 dates with a few from march approvals starting to sprinkle in. At this point Im not expecting to see an approval until January. Hope I'm wrong!

My check was cashed in March on two cans….still impatiently waiting 😂

I check the NFA approval tracker almost daily on Reddit, looks like they are still working through mostly February 2020 dates with a few from march approvals starting to sprinkle in. At this point Im not expecting to see an approval until January. Hope I'm wrong!
I'm moving, most likely, half way across the damn country in June…really hope I get mine before then.

Alright gang I had a thought (I know, that's dangerous) and wanted to bounce it off a few people:

What if part of the reason they're starting up electronic Form 4s is because they plan to move forward with reclassifying braced pistols as SBRs?

We all know how bad the current lead times are for Form 4s, and if they were to add braced pistols to the registry there's no way their current system could handle it without serious change, which F4 eForms could help take care of.

The timeline is also pretty close to when they are supposed to be done reviewing comments:
"More than 120" days isn't a solid date, but let's say for conversations sake they made the announcement in January and it went into effect within a few months, with the eForms system having been updated in December now dealers and individuals will have had a few months to familiarize themselves with it and the ATF can work out all the kinks.

And yes, I know I kind of sound like this right now:

charliepepesilvia.jpg

Naturally I hope I'm wrong and that this is just a crackpot idea, but I still wanted to throw it out there for conversation's sake.

Alright gang I had a thought (I know, that's dangerous) and wanted to bounce it off a few people:

What if part of the reason they're starting up electronic Form 4s is because they plan to move forward with reclassifying braced pistols as SBRs?

We all know how bad the current lead times are for Form 4s, and if they were to add braced pistols to the registry there's no way their current system could handle it without serious change, which F4 eForms could help take care of.

The timeline is also pretty close to when they are supposed to be done reviewing comments:
"More than 120" days isn't a solid date, but let's say for conversations sake they made the announcement in January and it went into effect within a few months, with the eForms system having been updated in December now dealers and individuals will have had a few months to familiarize themselves with it and the ATF can work out all the kinks.

And yes, I know I kind of sound like this right now:

View attachment 1084825

Naturally I hope I'm wrong and that this is just a crackpot idea, but I still wanted to throw it out there for conversation's sake.
Interesting take on this. I would think the majority of us have built our pistols, so if they were to reclassify them as an NFA item I would think that would be a form 1?

Interesting take on this. I would think the majority of us have built our pistols, so if they were to reclassify them as an NFA item I would think that would be a form 1?
Correct, I'm more thinking from a sales standpoint than building though, we can't F1 an SBR to someone, we have to F4 it, likewise if an individual wanted to sell one of their pistols/SBRs if it passed they would have to F4 it to the buyer.

I guess I'm also so skeptical in the government that I just can't imagine them doing something that benefits us without some type of ulterior motive.

From the Forgotten Weapons description:
"The stated goal from ATF is to have processing time for eForm 4 down to 90 days by the end of 2022, and 30 days by the end of 2023. We will see if those goal can be met, but any improvement over the current 7-9 months (and sometimes as much as 14 months) would be welcome."

I love that 90 days is now considered an improvement when my first tax stamp I ever got was right around that turnaround :(

IMG_0071.jpg

Granted any improvement is still good news.

From the Forgotten Weapons description:
"The stated goal from ATF is to have processing time for eForm 4 down to 90 days by the end of 2022, and 30 days by the end of 2023. We will see if those goal can be met, but any improvement over the current 7-9 months (and sometimes as much as 14 months) would be welcome."

I love that 90 days is now considered an improvement when my first tax stamp I ever got was right around that turnaround :(

View attachment 1084950

Granted any improvement is still good news.
As noted removal of the NFA would be the best but shorter times is next. Crazy to think you have to wait almost a year for an inanimate object that is already made, or just not put together fully.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top