JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've caught whiff of this on other web forums and UPS website. I've found several references to a FedEx "Dear Customer" letters also advising the change, but could not find a link to in on FedEx's web site.

Some think shipping rates will increase, that Small Arms Ammunition change to a higher hazard classification. In my opinion, the impact to us is:

After January 1, 2014, we can no longer identify ammo with a "ORM-D" label or designation, and must start using the new designation "UN0012", Cartridges, Small Arms, 1.4S (ADG). (UN what? Of course I have to raise a stick about that one. :))

But seriously, I am bringing this up now because the OMR-D-Air will also expire in January 1, 2013, just a handful of months away (A concern only to those of us who can afford to have their ammo transported by air :p).

Bottom line, it is better we bring this out to the open today and get properly informed, and not have our ORM-D or ORM-D-Air labeled shipments returned, or something.

Some links:
UPS: ORM-D - Ground Service
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews