JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"
Given that Dec 8th falls on a Thursday that means the last day we can submit your background check and still guarantee delivery by end of day on Dec 7th would be Thursday Dec 1st."

My understanding is that business days are based on the days the State offices (in our case Oregon State Patrol) are open and doing background checks. Can you layout the schedule of how you arrived at Dec 1st being last day to do background checks for a no response release on Dec 7th? It seems like Dec 3rd might be the last day?

Edit: I filled out a form 4473 and was entered into the system on Saturday. The FFL said I could pick up the firearms on Wednesday.

Saturday (doesn't count)
Sunday (Day 1)
Monday (Day 2)
Tuesday (Day 3)
Wed (free to pick up firearms)

2 more days may not seem like much more time but that could mean an FFL might make 100+ more firearms available for their new owners to pick up by Dec 7th.
I've been meaning the make an update to the OP and another post, but it's been a little crazy here apologies for the delay and thank you the reminder!
Originally we had thought business days meant Mon-Fri, however since our OP the boss had read into more and clarified that it meant all days the FICS unit operates, so you are correct our last day to submit BGCs and utilize the 3 day rule is Saturday Dec 3rd. Anyone after that pretty much has to pray for an instant approval.

We are planning on remaining open late on Weds Dec 7th (exact time TBD still) to try to and get as many firearms picked up as possible.

Although we're still having a few restock shipments coming in this week we have pretty much slowed down/nearly stopped on ordering (with holiday shipping times most new shipments won't likely arrive by the deadline), our primary goal right now is trying to call everyone in the queue after 3 days and letting them know to come in to pick up their item(s) which we're trying to do as quickly as we can.

As of this second the CHL queue is at 7,809 regular queue at 28,911.

I've been meaning the make an update to the OP and another post, but it's been a little crazy here apologies for the delay and thank you the reminder!
Originally we had thought business days meant Mon-Fri, however since our OP the boss had read into more and clarified that it meant all days the FICS unit operates, so you are correct our last day to submit BGCs and utilize the 3 day rule is Saturday Dec 3rd. Anyone after that pretty much has to pray for an instant approval.

We are planning on remaining open late on Weds Dec 7th (exact time TBD still) to try to and get as many firearms picked up as possible.

Although we're still having a few restock shipments coming in this week we have pretty much slowed down/nearly stopped on ordering (with holiday shipping times most new shipments won't likely arrive by the deadline), our primary goal right now is trying to call everyone in the queue after 3 days and letting them know to come in to pick up their item(s) which we're trying to do as quickly as we can.

As of this second the CHL queue is at 7,809 regular queue at 28,911.
Awesome guys!

So, Tigard Pawn will still accept shipped in packages and start the transfer until the 7th? Thinking of trying to make one more purchase!
They posted a sign saying they were cutting off shipped in transfers as of Friday the 25th. This cut off was meant to apply to orders that were placed after November 25th. There is no guarantee that an order placed today would be accepted and I can't tell you how firearms that are not accepted will be handled. They are going to do their very best to intake and push out the door, as many firearms as possible between now and Dec 7th. It would be a real gamble to order something today. They have called the big retailers and asked them not to ship them any new orders.

You still accepting shipments? Thinking of buying a p365 from limitless, they have it in stock!
If your planning a coast trip, I think we just got a couple of P365's at Lincoln City Sporting Goods. You could call in the morning to verify and put one on hold if you wanted to come down.

Not too many places taking orders I think do to time lines....

They are no longer accepting transfers that haven't already been approved.

They are going to keep plugging away at shipments that come in. I haven't heard them say they are going to start checking invoice or ship dates for exclusion of intake, yet. It's already a lot of work checking packages in. Trying to segregate by ship or invoice dates would add a lot of complexity to the process. It may come down to that soon if they are seeing a bunch of newly ordered items coming in.

Saturday is the last day to get 4473s done, if you want any chance of getting a no response release. Shops are still being selective with who they give no response releases to. Getting your 4473 done by Saturday doesn't gaurantee you will get a no response release. But not getting your 4473 done by Saturday guarantees you won't get a no response release.

I have seen multiple customers come in more than once in a day and end up paying full transfer fee twice. They have asked me the first trip in if they should wait for the second call to save a few bucks on transfer fees. In the current environment my answer is, "I wouldn't wait".

If there is a line at the store someone should take a black and white photo 📸 for the history books. Seems to be the only way people can see tyranny.

A big thanks again for all those shops doing extra so people can exercise their American rights.

Last Edited:
I was told by Highline that the 3 day rule only applies if OSP has reviewed your 4473 and placed you in the delayed category. They have to be one of the last decent shops that are not doing the 3 day release.

I was told by Highline that the 3 day rule only applies if OSP has reviewed your 4473 and placed you in the delayed category. They have to be one of the last decent shops that are not doing the 3 day release.
That is the way I understand it too. Releasing a firearm after 3 days without the 4473 being reviewed isn't correct protocol from what I've heard and from other FFL's.

Anyone else realize that because of the buying rush and OSP backlog, more guns will likely be released in a 2-week period under the "3-day loophole" than in the entire past or future history of the State of Oregon? Leftists are the masters of unintended consequences…!

Last Edited:
Fortunately I am not trying to buy a firearm currently.

The good news is I am one day closer to moving to Idaho. Just can't stand this state of confusion anymore.

Props to J & B, Tigard Pawn and any others following the 3 day rule.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top