JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interestingly, ODFW says concealed carry is permitted with fishing and hunting licenses, only when partaking of such activities.
It's my understanding that ODFW allows Carry WITHOUT a carry permit, while partaking of those activities, otherwise, it's outside their wheelhouse to determine legal standing! It's actually refreshing to see a state agency supporting our rights, instead of infringing upon them, and while rare near the cities, its not all that rare within the greater state!

It's my understanding that ODFW allows Carry WITHOUT a carry permit, while partaking of those activities, otherwise, it's outside their wheelhouse to determine legal standing! It's actually refreshing to see a state agency supporting our rights, instead of infringing upon them, and while rare near the cities, its not all that rare within the greater state!
Yes but my understanding is that the fishing/hunting license is required.. otherwise the game wardens might accuse one of poaching :rolleyes: and its also my understanding that having the fishing/hunting licenses allows one to conceal carry without a permit(when partaking of such activities).. since open carry is legally good to go without any permit in State and National Forests, Wilderness refuges, wildlife areas, and BLM properties (Land Management, not Black Lives)

Yes but my understanding is that the fishing/hunting license is required.. otherwise the game wardens might accuse one of poaching :rolleyes: and its also my understanding that having the fishing/hunting licenses allows one to conceal carry without a permit(when partaking of such activities).. since open carry is legally good to go without any permit in State and National Forests, Wilderness refuges, wildlife areas, and BLM properties (Land Management, not Black Lives)
Correct as I understand it!

I was assuming one would have appropriate license, tage's, and such before taking part of those activities! :)

What's the distinction between open and conceal carry? I'm not following

Technically the argument could be made that the right to carry does not guarantee concealed carry (I say it does), but as long as you can carry SOMEHOW they would not violate this ruling, in other words they can say you cannot conceal carry, or they can say you can't open carry, but they CAN'T say that you can't conceal carry AND that you can't open carry, it's one or the other but not both.

So just get a hunting license for multnomah county and claim to be "hunting" in Portland? Hunting for the abundant American Chicken (homo sapian dirtycommunista) there? Lol

California working on denying gun permits based on "ideological viewpoints"
Of course :rolleyes: slime is slime.

Isn't there an Amendment somewhere that says States can't deny civil rights based on skin, religions, ideology, creeds? Or something to that effect? Or at least, a body of SCOTUS cases?

Why D around? IMHO......
It's time.....to just go with a Federal 50 states carry and/or reciprocity agreement/law.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Oregon lost that right. Did you read the Bruen decision? I'm not saying this happens automatically. But as other posters said, the next step is for a Iowa resident to apply for a carry permit, be denied administratively, and then appeal that decision through the courts. I believe that even the lowest court is now bound to find the prohibition against issuing permits to non residents unconstitutional. The whole country is now shall issue, and that does not go away when you cross state lines, but it will take some time to actually happen in practice.

This decision is as big as Heller and McDonald.
Very interesting. That is a compelling argument: SCOTUS says one has a fundamental right to carry outside the home, but a state can require a license and steps/training/fees/BS to obtain said. Well, there are two states that are in pretty easy driving distance of me right now. Neither recognize my Oregon CHL; one will issue a license to a non-licensee, the other won't. Does that open the latter to a lawsuit for violating one's rights? Seems like it might. (And this isn't purely academic; my wife has family, and we both have friends, in Northern California. I also, not all that long ago, had a career opportunity that would have required travel to NorCal at times. It would be nice to be able to carry legally without the risk of being sent to San Quentin for having the temerity to, you know, exercise an enumerated right.)

And, on that note, here's hoping our side sues the living bejesus out of any and all local jurisdiction or state agencies that are out of step with Bruen. The only way some of these cockroaches are going to be made to move is to shine some light on them.

Parenthetically, does anyone know if this applies to Territories as well? I'll review the ruling when I get home, but presumably it would, as the folks there are US citizens. (I've done work in Puerto Rico for years and should be on-site in coming months. It has been "may issue" for as long as I can recall, and as a non-resident, I haven't even bothered. Now, however ... hmmm.)

Would that mean that people from states with constitutional carry would not need a permit in let say oregon?
I believe that the simple answer would be.....YES.
But....
IIRC....that Constitutional State Carry Person......would also have a paper lic. For out of state travel. Rrrrrright......In order to "prove" that he/she was worthy of carrying (in that person's home state).

im-not-worthy.jpg

That being said.....
Just a reminder. Please continue to be nice to the OR authorities.

papers_please.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top