JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to try pheasant hunting.
Mostly to learn about upland hunting. I have nobody to mentor me.
Mostly I would like to know how hunting EE Wilson works.

I do have a bird dog, shotgun, and ambition.

Suggestions, input, tips, other sources of I formation for reading etc are all welcome. Please.

EE Wilson is fun. a friend of mine has a dog. he usually sends the dog out no more than 20-25 yards infront of us and he flushes them up. i highly suggest wearing waterproof pants/boots or atleast gators. also, there is poison oak out there

EE Wilson is fun. a friend of mine has a dog. he usually sends the dog out no more than 20-25 yards infront of us and he flushes them up. i highly suggest wearing waterproof pants/boots or atleast gators. also, there is poison oak out there

That is the type of information I am after.
Is there other species of birds?

I have a pointing dog. So I'll be flushing the birds myself and then he's trained to retrieve.

you can almost be on top of the pheasants out there before they flush up. will your dog get close to a bird then point'm out to you? that would be super helpful.

i havent paid much attention to other birds out there. seen a few deer though.

He'll get in close on point and hold.
He has done well with a trainer. I figure EE is a good place for us both to do some learning.

Is there limited hunting spots there?
As in you gotta be the first in for the day or you are SOL.

He'll get in close on point and hold.
He has done well with a trainer. I figure EE is a good place for us both to do some learning.

Is there limited hunting spots there?
As in you gotta be the first in for the day or you are SOL.
there are a lot of places to hunt right off of 99w i think you'll be fine!

A6417F45-3750-4D28-A76C-748E658D449B.jpeg

always had good luck parking at the yellow and hunting the red area i outlined especially the "L" shaped field right next to 99w

I believe EE Wilson is closed until October 3rd, the first 2 days of pheasants there are controlled hunts and classes, then it opens up for everyone.

You probably already know this but lead free shot is required. A lot of black berries also. Fun part is driving through when most people are out hunting. We always see a couple of pheasants hiding under people's trucks. Smart birds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top