JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have updated my EDC based on some things I have been thinking about for a while that recent events have now reinforced the need for. The photo below shows the minimum I try to carry on my person at all times, depending on legalities and dress. My Glock "16" with spare mag (G19 with grip modified to accept G26 mags), JETBeam M-PA10 flashlight, Kershaw Blur w/carbide glass breaker, S.O.L. Emergency Poncho (exchanged for a 4 oz. emergency drinking water pouch in summer), 3M flat-fold N95 mask, and Rescue Essentials ankle trauma kit including the following:
  • R.A.T.S. Tourniquet
  • 4" Israeli Pressure Bandage
  • Black Talon Nitrile Gloves
  • QuikClot Combat Gauze
  • Hyfin Compact Vented Chest Seal
  • (5) 1.5" x 8" Gecko Grip tape strips for making additional chest seals or a myriad of other uses
Of course I also have my keys, wallet, and phone. If I could add one more item it would be a 500ml bottle of water, but that's obviously a bulky item that I would need to carry some kind of bag or pack to accommodate so I always have water in the vehicle.

What do you carry?

IMG_0069.JPG

Last Edited:
I have updated my EDC based on some things I have been thinking about for a while that recent events have now reinforced the need for. The photo below shows the minimum I try to carry on my person at all times, depending on legalities and dress. My Glock "16" with spare mag (G19 with grip modified to accept G26 mags), JETBeam M-PA10 flashlight, Kershaw Blur w/carbide glass breaker, S.O.L. Emergency Poncho (exchanged for a 4 oz. emergency drinking water pouch in summer), 3M flat-fold N95 mask, and Rescue Essentials ankle trauma kit including the following:
  • R.A.T.S. Tourniquet
  • 4" Israeli Pressure Bandage
  • Black Talon Nitrile Gloves
  • QuikClot Combat Gauze
  • Hyfin Compact Vented Chest Seal
  • (5) 1.5" x 8" Gecko Grip tape strips for making additional chest seals or a myriad of other uses
Of course I also have my keys, wallet, and phone. If I could add one more item it would be a 500ml bottle of water, but that's obviously a bulky item that I would need to carry some kind of bag or pack to accommodate so I always have water in the vehicle.

What do you carry?

View attachment 406656

You carry all that and can't find a way to carry one of these?:

E1EBD486-E95B-4ED5-ACA3-C9434DBD13D6.jpeg

It's shorts weather so a minimalist EDC

Ruger LC9s with CT laser
Blackhawk pocket holster
SWAT-T tourniquet
Three 2 gram packages of Celox
A few bandaids
A few Lactaid pills
Wallet with USCCA card plus Oregon & Utah CHL
Drop wallet with fake credit cards and a real twenty
Kershaw Volt II serrated knife
Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA 350 Lumen Dual Fuel flashlight
SABRE Red Mark-6
Celox Rapid Ribbon Hemostatic Z-fold Gauze
Two pairs of latex free gloves
A pair of earplugs
Two anti diarrhea pills
and a Smartphone.

I take an lapolicegear operator backpack everywhere I go and it's big enough to hold about everything imaginable.

Enough to get me thru a 2 day trek home if need be. To much to list.

Well....uh....hmmmm...I happen to know the owner, Tony Kanaly, as we moderated together for awhile on M1911.org.

I got mine years ago, and had him change the cant a bit.

Last I talked to him, they were running about 3-4 months out, but that was a couple years ago...quality is in demand.

I prefer Gordon Davis stuff, he took a lot of his designs from Bruce Nelson, but then Sparks did too.

Davis passed away awhile ago, but not before he mentored someone in carrying on his legacy under Davis Leather Company.

Yup, love me some Milt Sparks Nexus... The most comfortable carry I've experienced with a Combat Commander. Well worth the cost and wait. Can't rush quality... Like the magnetic belt loops, so practical... As I recall it took 10-12 weeks when I ordered, a couple of years ago...

E3D93BF7-5DD4-4241-8A3F-B78EFA1E28A7.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top