JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Switched it up today:
IMG_20200117_234238361.jpg
Carried my G17 in a shoulder holster that I've had for some time, but rarely use, and also took the Gerber Flatiron out as well.
Went to Alley Cat supply for the first time in a while and got the jacket. Had been looking for one for a bit and finally found one, unissued with liner, for about 30 bucks less than I would have paid for a fakealike online.

IMG_20200210_174701124.jpg
Left side of bag is on body.
Right side of bag stays in bag. I do carry the bag everyday, and have an identical one set up for when I carry my .38, with a small cigar tin with 5 speedstrips to add to the three I keep on body. Probably going to start carrying one of my TQs on body as well.
Bag stays in locker most of the day.
Pistol is G30s. Knife is an Emerson cqc, forgot the designation and is shorter than I generally like, other knife is a Mora, carbon, forget the model.

View attachment 658860
Left side of bag is on body.
Right side of bag stays in bag. I do carry the bag everyday, and have an identical one set up for when I carry my .38, with a small cigar tin with 5 speedstrips to add to the three I keep on body. Probably going to start carrying one of my TQs on body as well.
Bag stays in locker most of the day.
Pistol is G30s. Knife is an Emerson cqc, forgot the designation and is shorter than I generally like, other knife is a Mora, carbon, forget the model.
And you have space to carry a kitty too :s0140:

sorry man, couldn't resist!

Glock 45 with an extra 17 round mag. Trex Arms Sidecar holster. CAT tourniquet. Streamlight and Benchmade Triage. Keys. Wallet. Phone. Easy as that.

7F13358B-A506-44EE-AFB1-87ED3B099FC2.jpeg

The firearm will change from Kimber micro 9, Beretta .40 px4 sub, sometimes I'll shoulder, or chest carry .45 1911, 10mm or whatever

Benchmade auto
Schrade "window breaker" pen
mint tooth picks

Attachments

• 20200214_172201.jpg
    20200214_172201.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 148
IMG_20200225_014302_506.jpg

Glock 41 kkm .45 barrel shooting .45 super nds spring kit, 9mm conversation Glock 27 lwd barrel (not pictured but now has apex trigger, connector, ndz spring, 3rc comp)* carried in bradac holster/alien gear, Kershaw tension, (not pictured Kershaw tension), cheap AAA led flash light

I don't have a photo of it yet but I purchased a Sig P365XL and three magazines (9mmP) and I'm very pleased with it. I carry in a RAW Dog Kydex holster that hugs my body well. The piece disappears, and carries so comfortably that I am not aware of it, not burdened by it. I've tapped about 350-400 rounds through it and the sights are sufficiently visible for quick sight acquisition.

The purpose for which I carry many of these items should be obvious, but some of them may require an understanding of the context in which I put my EDC kit together. I live in Springfield, but work in Eugene on the other side of the Willamette River in a building that has been determined to be vulnerable to seismic activity. Additionally, my vehicle where I keep the pistol (while at work), inflatable PFD, and get-home bag with extra clothes, water, food, ham radio, and overnight gear, is parked in a below-grade parking structure. Should the Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake event occur while I am at work, I plan to exit the building while my vehicle and off-body gear are potentially buried under 20 tons of concrete. Under these circumstances, it is conceivable that I could be facing the outdoor elements at any time of year with only what I am wearing and carrying at the moment the event occurs.

In addition to the items below, I carry my wallet, keys, iPhone, and, while at work, a Leatherman tool that didn't make the photo shoot. During winter, I always wear a synthetic undershirt and keep a hat and gloves in my jacket pockets. The items in the picture are listed below, and account for just over 5 lbs. of short-term self-sufficiency:
  • Jetbeam M-PA10 Flashlight with 14500 Battery
  • Emergency Whistle with Ferro Rod and Striker
  • Steel Will Onrush 632 Knife
  • Glock "16" (G19 with grip shortened to accept G26 mags) with Streamlight TLR-7 in a Crossbreed Light Defender Holster
  • Spare 12-round mag
  • Sturdy "Defensive" Pen
  • Sabre Red Pepper Spray
  • Folding Reading Glasses with two Tinder Quiks stuffed in the case
  • Boundless Voyage Titanium Flask with 7 oz. Water (I swear!)
  • 2 oz. Trail Mix
  • Emergency Heat Reflective Poncho
  • 3M Flat-fold N95 Mask
  • Rescue Essentials Ankle Medical Kit with the following supplies:
    • CAT Gen 7 Tourniquet
    • Pair North American Rescue Compact Vented Chest Seals
    • H&H Medical Compact Pressure Bandage
    • 2 Pair Rescue Essentials Nitrile Gloves
    • Quikclot Hemostatic Combat Gauze
    • 10 Squares Toilet Paper
    • Hand Sanitizer Packet
    • 3 Adhesive Bandages
    • Triple Antibiotic Ointment Packet
IMG_2466.jpg

Last Edited:
Little update for my basic kit:

3HhCZ0k.jpg

I made a new holster for the M&P - I wanted to try a few things out and a different style. So I built this "taco" style holster and used a modified Raven Concealment claw, along with one of their tuckable injection molded struts to give me a two attachment point setup with a low sweat guard front, and full sweat guard in the rear. Holster features a molded in muzzle wedge, which in conjunction with the claw really does help tuck the butt of the gun into the body nicely. Very comfy to wear all day. I did deviate a little also in going with leather straps vs the usual polymer infused nylon, but so far I like them. This is not a tuckable holster when both attachment points are used, so no worries of the leather clashing with the nylon belt.

Since the rioting picked up in Portland, I added an extra spare magazine to my carry kit - I have one carried as pictured in the mag carrier, plus one carried in the handy magazine sized pouch on my work pants :D

My faithful MagLite XL50 started going to crap on me recently, so I replaced it. The COVID scamdemic got more of a "Buy American" fire lit under me, so I've been consciously seeking made in the US products. The panic buying hit our local retailers pretty hard, so their inventory was largely made in China stuff - closest I could find was the Streamlight PolyTac - its "Assembled in the USA from Foreign and USA sourced parts" - I also ordered an LED light head and batteries for the SureFire G2 I found going thru some of the stuff I inherited helping clean out my mother in law's house - I have owned two of these lights before, back in the day when incandesent bulbs were still king. I lost both at work and stopped buying $50 flash lights for a long time. Carrying bubblegum on my belt has helped minimize the loss of most items, now I just loose stuff because I set it down, instead of putting it back in its pouch where it belongs :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top