JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never walk out the door without these.. My key chain alone covers the basics. IMG_1630.JPG

Glock 17 and a larger self defense, usually an Onterio Rat or Spyderco Endura "wave", pocket knife to pair with my Spyderco Dragonfly that I use for everyday cutting tasks. Added when necessary..

IMG_1631.JPG
And within arms reach if not on my back is my small "get home" bag, basically everything a competent person might need to survive for days..Fire starting, water purification, first aid, PPE, cordage, mags&ammo, batteries and usb power pac,xtra meds, tools, shelter.. just to name a few items. My Glock floats between here, my center console and my belt, depending on situation.
Im contemplating a slightly larger backpack with two straps, or a satchel style "murse" because the sling pac isn't ideal for my 6-1 280 frame, and this bag is only about the size of a gallon of milk, which is good, but it has no place to put a nalgine bottle or room for storing scavenged materials etc.

IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1632.JPG

Never walk out the door without these.. My key chain alone covers the basics.View attachment 362419

Glock 17 and a larger self defense, usually an Onterio Rat or Spyderco Endura "wave", pocket knife to pair with my Spyderco Dragonfly that I use for everyday cutting tasks. Added when necessary..

View attachment 362420
And within arms reach if not on my back is my small "get home" bag, basically everything a competent person might need to survive for days..Fire starting, water purification, first aid, PPE, cordage, mags&ammo, batteries and usb power pac,xtra meds, tools, shelter.. just to name a few items. My Glock floats between here, my center console and my belt, depending on situation.
Im contemplating a slightly larger backpack with two straps, or a satchel style "murse" because the sling pac isn't ideal for my 6-1 280 frame, and this bag is only about the size of a gallon of milk, which is good, but it has no place to put a nalgine bottle or room for storing scavenged materials etc.

View attachment 362422 View attachment 362421
I barely carry that much in my truck!:confused::eek:
No way would I carry that much on my person
But that's just me.

You should see the kit in the back of my jeep.
Oh I have enough in my truck to stay over night and I just took 5 guns out of my truck. Only one left ,lol,along with about 5 knives for various stages of disposal....I mean butchering.
But even in Tacoma I didn't feel the need for 2 knives and guns.
And I guess I'm the only guy I know that doesn't carry a leatherman type tool on my belt.
I should start wearing it to see if it actually gets used.
Oh yeah,that big wad you have on your key ring isn't good for your ignition switch ;)

I guess I am a little over geared sometimes, but better than being caught with your pants down. Im afraid Nutnfancy is going to gear check me at the gas station and i'll be humiliated on Youtube. Most of it isn't technically in my pockets. most of the time just the stuff in the top pic is on my person, the rest gets left in the car or in arms reach depending on situation. I just weighed my pocket carries 1lb. 11oz including an extra loaded mag for the LCP.
I have pretty bad OCD and everything has a place.
I usually wear Carhartt carpenter pants. The leatherman goes in left thigh pocket below the hammer loop, The flashlight in the other thigh pocket. it's about the size of a sharpie, and I use it all the time. The green knife is quite small and goes in the key pocket. I'll occasionally clip the Endura below it in the main pocket depending on where i'm going edpessally if I can't CC. My LCP2 will be in the main right pocket(about as bulky as a cell phone) or in a jacket pocket, and an extra mag in an old school leatherman sheath on my belt. I can't stand having bulky pockets either and it took a while to get a system I liked. If i'm going somewhere iffy I'll IWB my Glock, but it usually stays in the CC pocket of the bag. Honestly it's perfectly comfortable. I usually have shirt pockets for my phone and wallet. I bought the key ring with all the little s-beeners so I can attach and detach things as needed. most of the tools stay attached to my bag so only the jeep key, and a leatherman CS style mini tool go into the ignition or clipped to my belt loop.

Found a very good deal on a replacement pistol for the Glock I sold last month, it's not another Glock, but I think I can make it do for now.

OqPovMX.jpg

I did pick up a K-Rounds IWB holster for actual concealment purposes, so I made an OWB for more comfortable carry when concealment isn't as pressing a need. I intend to get another compact 9mm for carry eventually, but I couldn't pass up the Sig for the price.

I lost my EDC light at work about a week ago - o_O I thought i put it back into the carrier it always rides in, could've sworn I felt and heard it go in, but when I got home, it was gone. So I picked up a smaller pocket light to try out. It was on sale for $10 at Sportsman's so I figured why not. Goes from 3 AAA batts to a single AA batt. I also got a Coast headlamp for when I need to work with my hands free - got tired of sticking a dirty flashlight in my mouth all the time, especially after not getting all the battery acid residue off it once in a while :eek:

I have managed NOT to loose my knife permanently (I did leave it behind in a customer's car once, but he was cool and met me and I got it back - hooray for honest people!)

I'm also trying a new design for a mag carrier - it utilizes a beefy injection molded clip - but used as a paddle and not as an IWB clip. Been using it for over a week not without it moving or falling off so, so far so good. Retention of the mag is perfect, even without tension adjustment.

yzSYb9k.jpg

EkoTx8c.jpg

WHJeIzv.jpg

I admit, I carry a spare spare mag still in the mag pocket on my pants. Just in case I loose the belt mag.

I want to try making a carrier for the leatherman in similar style to the mag carrier, to see if I can't get a slimmer, less bulky carry option for the multitool. The multitool carrier has been lasting me now for years, and aside from some finish wear on the brass, and switching from a rubber to a nylon retention strap, it's still fine.

And you can never have enough pens, especially when prone to loosing things.

Haha that would be the last person I would care what his opinion is.Cant watch his vids so I'm guessing I wouldn't talk to him much either
He's an acquired taste, but his life philosophies and views on prepping, politics, and the importance of family and his taste in gear parallels mine own in many cases. It's just a matter of looking past his arrogance and love of hearing his own voice... You either like him or hate him.

Eveyone carrys around to much bubblegum. Looking at it makes myhips hurt... All that bubblegum and no tourniquet... Bad guys shoot back ;)

Why stop at a tourniquet? Full IFAK or emt bag would be better. One can start down a rabbit hole like that and you wind up in a plate carrier loaded down like a video game commando to go to the corner store.

The number of times a citizen defender actually takes rounds or pulls the trigger is far lower than the instances where the display of the gun is enough to end hostilities.

For people who work in fields where the chance of armed conflict is higher med gear on body makes sense but seriously for Joe CCW - its more crap that gets left in a drawer and more crap to print and give the idea you are armed.

I keep first aid gear in a bag in my truck - its close enough to be useful in most situations. Cannot be 100% prepared for 100% of situatuions 100% of the time though.

For me the gun & ammo spares are the only items not used on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. My knives and multitools and lights see a lot of use and abuse. Thankfully my gun is always just along for the ride. Hope it stays that way.

I carry a small FAK in my get home bag. No tourniquet yet, but I can fashion one if necessary. I'll admit that my loadout is a little excessive, but I'm a little paranoid since my car accident. What ifs plague me. There are much worse out there... look up EDC on youtube. EDC can become an obsession just like AR building. I just like cool gear.

Why stop at a tourniquet? Full IFAK or emt bag would be better. One can start down a rabbit hole like that and you wind up in a plate carrier loaded down like a video game commando to go to the corner store.

I keep on me what I need to stop a bleed if I cannot make it to my truck. SWAT-T tourniquet which can also double as a pressure bandage, three 2gram packs of Celox granules and a 4.5" x 12' pack of compressed gauze for wound packing and 2 pairs of gloves.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top