JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I feel the need, I carry a small Smith & Wesson dagger that can double as a boot knife...though I found the boot clip to be useless. I do like the looks of the Ka-bar Esee Eskabar....may have to upgrade.

I do like the looks of the Ka-bar Esee Eskabar....may have to upgrade.
I also ordered the zytel scales for the grip as I can't do that fancy schmancy para chord wrap!:D

51NXzGjcUHL._AC_.jpg

Last Edited:
I also ordered the zytel scales for the grip as I can't do that fancy schmancy parachord wrap!:D

View attachment 762923

I no longer use paracord on knives in any way. It occurred to me that if I am dealing with game processing with a knife that has paracord on it, that the paracord would get soaked with blood and/or meat may be embedded in it as it is porous. Cleaning the paracord, especially in the field would be difficult, maybe not possible. I would not want to contaminate other food/etc. by using such a knife. I would prefer a knife with impermeable and easily cleanable surfaces.

I no longer use paracord on knives in any way. It occurred to me that if I am dealing with game processing with a knife that has paracord on it, that the paracord would get soaked with blood and/or meat may be embedded in it as it is porous. Cleaning the paracord, especially in the field would be difficult, maybe not possible. I would not want to contaminate other food/etc. by using such a knife. I would prefer a knife with impermeable and easily cleanable surfaces.
I never thought of it that way but, it makes a lot of sense! I also don't care for the para chord for feel factor.

I never thought of it that way but, it makes a lot of sense! I also don't care for the para chord for feel factor.

I use it on other tools/etc. - such as a staff and the handle of a Belt Axe (hatchet), both of which are improved by the paracord IMO - but not on anything that I process food with. I wrapped a sheath it so that I would have some paracord handy.

Well, my Boker and neck sheath came in today and so far, I am pleased. Action is pretty snappy and lock up is tight. Hopefully it will stay that way. Might just use this one as a camp knife.:)

5dd7909f-afe3-4870-aa14-0d91880583a8.jpg 6a3f72ae-a17d-4fe4-93f7-6eecbaee598b.jpg

Now here's a strange one for ya! BladeHQ by accident, also sent me a CRKT Minimalist and a Spyderco Ronin!:s0140: I didn't order them, nor as far as I can tell have been charged for them! I am on hold right now to speak with someone so as I can return them. Can't keep something I didn't order or pay for.:D

After being on hold for a considerable amount of time, I visited their website and see they are not taking phone calls.:rolleyes: So, I emailed them to give me a call and we'll see what happens after that.

Just to note, the Spyderco Ronin is over a hundred dollars from what I am finding.:eek:

yeah that's not a cheap knife by any stretch...I was laughing cause I have found myself calling places that aren't taking calls during this COVID situation.

that said you gentlemen have given me plenty of new neck knives to check out during this thread!

Well, the Ka-bar/Becker/Esee BK14 made it today. Came in a real nice box and sleeve and razor sharp! As soon as the attachable handles get here, I'll update some more.

4e531288-20f9-49f0-8634-a3e945f31fa0.jpg 86fff7c6-17d6-40ed-ab79-4d9cdd144fcc.jpg b726d2c7-fef0-40b1-8dfc-367349ddf0e6.jpg

I don't think I'm going to like carrying this one around the neck so, I just ordered the belt clip to attach to the sheath and wear on my hip.

41wWBiYBLJL._AC_.jpg

I really like this knife much better with the grips attached! Think this one is going to make it in the EDC rotation once the belt clip arrives. I think Ka-bar should sell this set up as a package deal for those who are inclined.:rolleyes:

dda866cf-b4e4-4fda-ab0a-889144c4c89b.jpg 6c5fb68f-f894-47db-984b-0cc35cd7ef49.jpg

Found some pictures of the neck neck knives I made a while back. The paracord wrapped one was dang near perfect for neck carry as it weighed next to nothing and was surprisingly ergonomic.

IMG_20170219_135456.jpg IMG_20170203_151146.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads