JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm watching from the TV...

IMG_0499.JPG

But still want to be safe...

IMG_0500.JPG

Says the guy in sweet home... Just walk out to the backyard!

It was just... too... far... to walk.

Actually, I walked outside to watch for about 5 minutes on either side of the totality. It was very intriguing to see and feel the atmospheric differences. The temperature drop, the dark skies, etc. it was worth seeing, as it will be the only one I'll see in my lifetime, but I would never have travelled to watch it. I can't imagine the people who travelled to Madras or Big Summit Prairie in obscene traffic for a minute and a half of glory...

I was 'sleep.

Woke up around 10:45, and my phone had blown the bubblegum up with bros and family "are you watching this bubblegum?? it's awesome!"

Nope. I was dreaming about bubbleguming my wife's best friend. Better way to spend the time, if you ask me

(not to diss on eclipse watching - If I were in a better headspace, I would have loved to have experienced it... but at this moment in my life, I can't get excited about much but sex and drugs)

Well worth the drive from Milwaukie to Molalla.
Probably going to be the only one I'll see, but the fiancé is talking about 2024 already...
Meh, it's an excuse to go fishing someplace new.

We watched it from the front yard. Was cool to feel the temp drop for a while. One of the street lights kicked on as did one set of the lights here that are on eye's that turn them on and off. Neighbors saw us, said they could not find glasses. Called them over to use ours since they had a pre teen. Told her come take a look since you'll be almost my age by the time you get to see this again. Another neighbor saw us sharing and came and gave them 2 pairs of glasses since they had extras. Quite a sight, bunch of us out on the street staring at the sun. :)

It was really something, actually being there and seeing the earth go dark as the sun was masked by the moon. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie. I can see why they're so hyped, not that I would chase them across the planet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top