JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me see . . . If they scatter these people throughout the U. S the way they are doing with the illegals . . .
Yeah I understand what you are saying Coastal . . . Epidemic . . . Martial law . . . Suspend Constitution . . .
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!?!?!?

Sheldon

From Wikipedia;
Transmission between ....... humans is rare, and outbreaks are usually traceable to .....where an individual has handled the carcass of gorilla, chimpanzee, or duiker.[34]

Fruit bats are also eaten by people..... where they are smoked, grilled or made into a spicy soup.

PERSONALLY, I've given up on handling gorilla carcasses, and no more grilled bats for me!

Ricola___wait____by_Evil_Lord_Saki-300x236.jpg

Ok, so the guy who did the video... wtf as a "first responder" he doesn't know what he's talking about in identifying the equipment.

Ebola... not airborne, it's an aerosol hazard, PAPR with CBRNE filters is totally sufficient. Also, there is tons of equipment out there that's designed to go on your face and keep things out, there are not a lot of things designed to keep things in. While I would have felt a lot better had they just kept the guy in a moon bubble and I think they were irresponsible not to do so (mainly from a perception point of view).

Anyways, lemme go through the video

2:03 - He's saying "this guy should be wearing an oxygen tank" well, actually no he shouldn't because SCBA tanks have no output filtering. This means anything the guy breaths out is circulated into the ambulance. Sticking an NIOSH N95 mask on his face works much better.
2:07 - "the guy on the left" is wearing a POSITIVE AIR PRESSURE RESPIRATOR (PAPR) this is a battery operated unit that provides the person wearing it with a positive flow of filtered air. The best way to imagine this is having 6 filters and a fan on the mask you had to wear in the military. Also, the suit he's wearing is a standard vapor barrier suit. The kind you would want to wear if you were being sprayed with anthrax, ebola, or many other kinds of biohazards. I wouldn't want to wear this suit for VX, but it's not designed for that.
3:25 - "this is a level 2...." no, that's a respirator, a regular gas mask with a water bottle attachment. For those who arn't familiar, most modern masks have the ability to attach a drinking tube, to allow the user to still consume water while under hazmat conditions. Frankly, if I was bottled up in a vapor barrier suit, in the summer in georgia, I would probably kill the mofo who would deny me the ability to drink some water.
3:45 - "someone needs to know how big it is" well, since we've been experimenting with ebola in the lab for 20+ years, we have a pretty good idea how big it is. Also, yes, the virus, the aerosols and the like get caught in the filter... which will be incinerated along with all the stuff that guy is wearing. Seriously... I thought this guy was a first responder.
4:45 - "what are you going to do scrub it down with 409?" Apparently this "first responder" has never heard of ethylene oxide, it's a gas sterilant that's used on tons of stuff. And I quote:
Ethylene oxide is one of the most commonly used sterilization methods in the healthcare industry because of its non-damaging effects for delicate instruments and devices that are needed sterile, and for its wide range of material compatibility.[95] It is thus used for those instruments composed of, or containing components that cannot tolerate heat, moisture or abrasive chemicals, such as electronics, optical equipment, paper, rubber and plastics.[96] It was developed in the 40's as a sterilant by the US military, and its use as a medical sterilant dates to the late 50's, when the McDonald process was patented for medical devices.[97] The Anprolene system was patented in the 60's[98] by Andersen Products,[99] and it remains the most commonly used system in several niche markets, notably the veterinary market and some international markets.[100] It relies on the use of a flexible sterilization chamber and an EtO cartridge for small volume sterilization, and where environmental and/or portability considerations dictate the use of a low dose. It is therefore referred to as the " <broken link removed> " method, or the "gas diffusion sterilization" method. The operation of EtO sterilization is overseen by the EPA through the National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants.[101]
5:11 - "where we wear level 1 moon suits" - Anyone else ever worn one? They're hot, they're stuffy, and without a constant supply of air, you will get hypoxic and die. I wonder at what stage of hypoxia this guy is at.

I have had had at training some time ago but recall one of the most important factors was decontamination. How are they going to decontaminate this bio hazard ?

I have had training some time ago but recall one of the most important factors was decontamination. How are they going to decontaminate this bio hazard ?
CDC says
(NRT) US National response team says
Brits say
Canadians say, (they have an <broken link removed>
NY Times thinks you need to know

How to decontaminate a blood borne pathogen
(envision a pool of blood on the floor, 12 inches in diameter)
Buy household bleach, plastic trash bags, paper towels.
Mix a cup of bleach with 4 cups of tap water in a bucket.
Wear safety glasses, face shield
Wear impermeable gloves, with plastic trash bag open and within reach
Pour bleach water around the outside of the spill.
Cover blood spill with paper towels, saturate them with bleach water.
Wipe up the blood from the outside of the spill towards the center using fresh paper towel sheet saturated with bleach water. One wipe, towards the center, then put the sheet in the trash bag.
Repeat until pool of blood is in the plastic trash bag, and no blood remains on the floor.
Pour bleach water on floor, covering where blood pool was.
Make sure this area is undisturbed for at least 10 minutes.
wipe up bleach water with paper towels, dispose in plastic trash bag.
seal up, close up plastic trash bag. label it as hazardous bio-waste.
It (bag and it's contents) should be incinerated.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads