JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was trying to sell some magazines on ebay and got this messege.
What a crock. Who wants a 10rd mag?!

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed a magazine with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, which is not allowed. For safety concerns and in order to follow laws and regulations, we restrict the kinds of weapons and accessories that can be sold on eBay. Be sure to follow all laws and regulations ? as well as eBay policies ? before buying or selling these items.

Please do not relist this item.

All fees associated with a listing we remove are credited back to your account. If we removed a listing, you should see this credit reflected in your account balance right away.

Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.

Bay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing.

For more information on our policy, please review visit the Firearms section of the following link: Firearms, weapons, and knives policy

Wait a minute Boys. eBay is a California based company. And has tofollow the State of CA's laws. This isn't on eBay its on the state they are incorperated. Same reason why people can't charge for using Paypal or a CC on eBay CA state law.

I think that in this case, it has nothing to do with being anti anything. NY and CA for sure restrict magizines that have greater than 10 RD capacity, except with NY, the larger cap mag is legal if manufactured before a certain date, don't know about CA...I know other states have other equally wacky (to us) restrictions. So...

I think what Ebay is doing is going below the most restrictive law, and stopping there..,keeping themselves and their customers out of possible legal hot water. Ebay is not going to assume the seller knows every law for every state that Ebay does business in. Just my thoughts.

I think that in this case, it has nothing to do with being anti anything. NY and CA for sure restrict magizines that have greater than 10 RD capacity, except with NY, the larger cap mag is legal if manufactured before a certain date, don't know about CA...I know other states have other equally wacky (to us) restrictions. So...

I think what Ebay is doing is going below the most restrictive law, and stopping there..,keeping themselves and their customers out of possible legal hot water. Ebay is not going to assume the seller knows every law for every state that Ebay does business in. Just my thoughts.

Yeah i put in the ad no sales to NY, CA, or MA but i guess that doesnt matter

If anything Ebay has lightened up on the massive restrictions they put in place after the Virginia Tech shootings in 2007. Not quite back to pre-07 as far as the variety of parts and accessories you could get but definitely getting better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top