JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for shotgun parts and came across an ad described as "trigger and bolt housing". Isn't this considered the receiver portion of a firearm requiring a background check, transfer to FFL for out of state sales? I can link the listing if that's not against policy.

BF3B3DD1-29AF-4632-87E2-2D6FD4FE5F7A.png

It has a serial number on the bottom. I don't know if the seller has no clue what he's doing or if it's a sting. I sent him a PM asking about it.

Looks like a Browning A5 or similar patent clone. Definitely a receiver. You may want to message that seller and let them know they could land in trouble.

He's also got another shotgun receiver listed. My guess is he has no clue what he's doing. I messaged him letting him know of the problems he could have.

Fleabay will allow 10 round magazine on there, though I routinely see larger capacity ones listed as 10. I one time listed an actual, honest-to-God, 10-round M1 Carbine magazine on there, it got yanked, I called to see why and the clown I talked to said, in completely broken English, that it was "an assault weapon part" and that if I listed again I'd have my account banned. Totally brain-dead; they don't even know their own policy.

Fleabay will allow 10 round magazine on there, though I routinely see larger capacity ones listed as 10. I one time listed an actual, honest-to-God, 10-round M1 Carbine magazine on there, it got yanked, I called to see why and the clown I talked to said, in completely broken English, that it was "an assault weapon part" and that if I listed again I'd have my account banned. Totally brain-dead; they don't even know their own policy.

They (Ebay) have fluctuated a lot as things happen. One of the school shooter kooks used a Ruger .22 pistol. He bought mags off Ebay. This freaked them out so bad for a short while they pulled all mags.
When the great mag ban looked to be going away I took a gamble and sold a LOT of normal cap mags. I had set myself up with enough to last me for life. I would call them 10 round, with a picture of the mag and the rounds it held with the stipulation no sales to CA. They all sold. I made a killing. A few times one would get flagged and pulled. I would just put it up again. One guy I used to work with had bought a couple guns of Craig's list here. He said people would often list one there by careful wording. I tried to list a Mech-Tech Conversion which is mail order fine in the entire US. Both E-bay and Craig's flagged and removed it. I guess it looked scary :s0140:

They (Ebay) have fluctuated a lot as things happen. One of the school shooter kooks used a Ruger .22 pistol. He bought mags off Ebay. This freaked them out so bad for a short while they pulled all mags.
When the great mag ban looked to be going away I took a gamble and sold a LOT of normal cap mags. I had set myself up with enough to last me for life. I would call them 10 round, with a picture of the mag and the rounds it held with the stipulation no sales to CA. They all sold. I made a killing. A few times one would get flagged and pulled. I would just put it up again. One guy I used to work with had bought a couple guns of Craig's list here. He said people would often list one there by careful wording. I tried to list a Mech-Tech Conversion which is mail order fine in the entire US. Both E-bay and Craig's flagged and removed it. I guess it looked scary :s0140:
I once saw a Craigslist ad that read 3x9 Leupold scope for sale, comes with free 308 caliber scope holder. Call for details. LOL

I think most of the time when we see such listings, the seller knows what they are doing. Usually strange, approximate title descriptions are used to fool computers that look for certain words. Werdz. As in this case, "trigger and bolt housing." So they know what they are trying to do; they don't appreciate the risk involved, I guess.

Actually if the receiver is made before 1898, it is NOT, by federal law a firearm. State laws vary widely as to what is and is not a "firearm". In NJ a BB gun, air rifle, paint ball gun, muzzleloader or spit ball is legally definded as a "firearm". Before you get mad at me, go look up the law and what people have been charged with for having one of those in their house. Not kidding.

The Martini receiver might well be a "non-firearm" under FEDERAL law, but might be a "firearm" under STATE law. No it does not matter if the pre-1898 receiver was restocked, rebarreled, re-whatever, it is when the receiver was made, not the barrel, stock, whatever was added. Of course the average idiot enFOCEment thug doesn't have a clue about guns, the Constitution, law, or much of anything else. The Supreme Court ruled that cops could be fired for being TOO intelligent! If they were smart enough to know the difference between an illegal/unConstitutional law or order, FIRE them!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top