JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They've lifted ban on selling firearms-related items, including barrels and magazines. Can only sell mags with capacity not exceeding 10 rounds though. They should be sending an e-mail with the full list and regs shortly.

Well, they're delaying that promised e-mail, so I went for their website :

Restricted

Accessories and parts for guns such as butt plates, cases, cleaning supplies, dies, grips, holsters, molds, racks, pistol grips, scopes, slings, stocks, storage cases, or trigger guards. The listing must include a description of the type of firearm the accessory or part is for and what it's used for. If it doesn't, the listing may be removed.

Muzzle loader or black powder gun parts or accessories, as long as each item is offered in one listing at a time. (However, having separate listings for items that can be used to build a gun is prohibited.)

The following gun parts and accessories are allowed on the eBay US site only. The seller must be in the US and offer domestic shipping only:

En bloc clips

Barrels

Bolts

Choke tubes

Cylinders

Firing pins

Hammers

Magazines with a capacity to accept 10 rounds or less (high-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed)

Slides

Trigger assemblies

Not allowed

Firearms regardless of their ability to fire, how old they are, or their status as collectibles

Firearm frames, including grip frames

Firearm kits that are used to create a firearm

Firearm receivers, including parts, upper or lower, cut, or 80 percent receivers

Flash suppressors

High-capacity magazines with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds—or magazine extenders

Pneumatic spear guns

Powerheads, stick guns, or their equivalents because they work like firearms

Sears

Silencers

Starter pistols or blank guns, regardless of their markings

Zip guns

Firearms, weapons, and knives policy

It's funny how they're disallowing sears, but allowing trigger assemblies... I of course understand they imply "auto" sears, but still - a listing-checking monkey won't know the difference.

The greedy parasites would let you pay for crack if the margins were high enough. The weapon parts ban is just for appearances of social responsibility. How would you like to get a 3.5% chunk of everything sold when the processing costs you a few pennies? Banksters at their finest. I've bought 3000+ things on Ebay and only have sold a handful of things on there.

Be aware that Ebay started reported any sales, even by individuals (supposedly $10k+ only in a fiscal year) to the IRS also. So parasites galore coming at you from every angle.

Out of protest I will still continue not to use them for firearm parts. I figure if they only do it for the money I dont want to give them any of mine. Where were they when they were telling us how evil it was? What has changed? Are they still evil or did the all mighty dollar win out again. I would repect them more if they followed what they beleived not just bowing down to the cash.

Out of protest I will still continue not to use them for firearm parts. I figure if they only do it for the money I dont want to give them any of mine. Where were they when they were telling us how evil it was? What has changed? Are they still evil or did the all mighty dollar win out again. I would repect them more if they followed what they beleived not just bowing down to the cash.

Your assumption is they're unique. I would imagine most businesses have their stance dictated by revenue and liability. Very few businesses allow to have principles or political stances.

WOW how is this new eBay relaxed the gun parts thing quite a while ago. There has recently been a M2 conversion kit split into two pieces and sold one right after the other. The second half is going on right now. If the same person buys the second half then ebay has sold a Machine gun in two pieces according to ATF.

You can buy M1 carbine mags (15rds) you can buy every part of a Carbine on eBay but the receiver and barrel that i have seen over the last year+

Sure guys are calling the GI issue mags 10 rders but PLEASE

10rds my arse M1 Carbine Magazine | eBay

M1 M-1 CARBINE 6 10RND. MAGAZINES STAMPED R-C,UQ,G-Q,SW,O1B,U FREE SHIP NR | eBay

So they followed up by email :

Thanks for speaking with me today. As I mentioned, eBay's Hunting category has expanded to include more items, which could mean more buyers and sales for you. Now you can list the following firearm parts and accessories on the eBay US site (eBay.com) with domestic shipping:

Enbloc clips
Barrels
Bolts
Choke tubes
Cylinders
Firing pins
Hammers
Magazines with a capacity to accept 10 rounds or less (high-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed)
Slides
Trigger assemblies

Important Guidelines
We take the update to the Hunting category seriously and will monitor these items vigilantly for compliance with the eBay firearms policy and all relevant laws and regulations. If your listing does not meet the requirements of this policy, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions to your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account. Keep in mind these important guidelines when listing any of these firearm parts and accessories:

You may now show your accessories on a firearm in your photo, as long as it is not an assault weapon and there is no indication in the listing that the firearm is included in the sale.
You and all of the items listed must be located in the US and you must only offer domestic shipping on these items.
Listing accessories related to assault weapons is still prohibited on eBay. If your accessory is compatible with other weapons as well as assault weapons, you may list it, but may not mention any assault weapon compatibility. The listing of firearms, replica firearms, ammunition, and other firearm-related items is still prohibited on eBay. Please carefully review the site policy that outlines firearm restrictions before listing these items, and be sure your listings—titles, descriptions, and photos—are in compliance with the new update.

Sell more and grow
Since opening up the category, there has been significant demand for these items, so don't miss this opportunity to sell more and reach more buyers by offering additional firearms parts and accessories on eBay. Expanding your inventory to offer these products can help grow your business. Take advantage of the update and start listing more items today.

Have a great day and thank you for selling on eBay!

They gave a big FU to gun owners, so now it's time to give it right back to them. I haven't used Ebay since the gun ban went up, and won't start now. PayPal however, I can't seem to get around not using it.

when did they start this ban i sold a mossberg 500 bolt and trigger assembly on there 2 years ago?

Hello everyone...In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.
As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR