Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

eBay changes the 'no firearm ANYTHING' policy...quietly.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by darkminstrel, May 11, 2012.

1. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

already bought mags when I noticed a while ago.

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How does that change effect PayPal?

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

used PayPal to buy mags so maybe it follows the same guidelines.

5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I just bought a Tactical Solutions threaded 10/22 bull barrel on E-bay. It came last night. I also just purchased a 10 mag for my VZ61 Scorpion. Used Paypal for both items.

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

this was some time ago.

And I have always used my Paypal debt card to make gun realated purchases. Last year two new firearms from a local shop were paid using my Paypal debt card. Since the card is a Mastercard it has to be accepted anywhere a Mastercard is.

7. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

They realized they were losing income by not allowing these products to be sold. In that vacuum it opened the door to more sites to pop up.

8. rdb241

That is exactly why Gunbroker started.

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Paypal is like a giant money squid. The owners are just too greedy to pass up on any possible marginal sales.

10. rdb241

Yeh but because paypal is owned by E-bay and are based in the silicone valley in California, They tried to pander to the California gun law crap.

11. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Firearms vs eBay/PayPal is nothing new. ;)

12. B1911

B1911 Seattle area Member

My first eBay purchase in 1998 was for magazines. Glad to see some openness coming back.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I tried to throw my entire life savings in Ebay at their IPO that year. I knew where they were going. Had it all arranged and the creep at Goldman Sachs asked me 'which one of your accounts with us has a 5-year history and one million dollar balance?' That flushed that endeavor down the toilet. No easy millions. Easy $$ is reserved for those who already have it. I didn't realize at the time I had been blocked by one of the most corrupt, powerful, sleazy financial institutions on planet Earth. Ahh, memories.

Later that year I was offered pre-stock in Digimark at .50 at share for all the shares I wanted. Didn't seem appealing so my friend and I turned it down. Seemed like a pipe dream. Decided to buy a couple of $3000 pinball machines instead.

Two years later it IPO'd at $80+ a share. Translation: Miss out on nearly a million.

Damn, it really sucks that I can't build a time machine! Money is not the end-all to life though. "Money can't make an unhappy person happy, but can make a happy person happier" - Jay Leno.

14. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

I've just started selling stuff on eBay and half of it was firearm related things.

15. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

if memory serves,Ebay sold firearms 'way back when'..about 12 years ago? maybe longer? had pages and pages of guns,etc. aah,the good old days.
    glad to hear that more gun stuff is being allowed,even it is because of making money,not because of being pro gun.

16. rdb241

Maybe one of the reason's E-bay tightened the knoose on gun stuff is because of no regulation. I swear on my mothers grave stone this is true. In 98 or 99 I came accross, and still have the copy today, an auction for a complete finished drop-in auto sear for an AR-15. Unregistered and no numbers. Somebody in the mid west.

17. nubus

nubus Guest

Maybe Paypal will re-open my account now. It was permanently "limited" (a.k.a. CLOSED) for selling uppers on this very forum.

18. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I used to see those all the time, even up until the last few years... ATF fishhook. A cop in Hawaii ordered one about three years ago, and was arrested upon receipt.

19. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I been on eBay as a seller since 2000 and I don't remember any guns being allowed. could be wrong. I wasn't interested in buying gun stuff on line back then.

20. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

if i'm picking up the right info on this matter, the "e-bay guide" for this subject was applied approx 9/19/07 ..... sometime after the V. tech shooting (4/16/07)....... as the "mags" he used were purchased from e-bay, also one mite look at the fact of it being an election yr. (now i don't mind being wrong, so if i am , please correct me)

steven