JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yum
"During the last Great Depression in the 1930’s road kill was considered a table delicacy for many who would otherwise be going without meat. Deer, various birds, rabbit, bear, raccoon, even porcupine and a variety of other animals killed by vehicles and left lying on the side of the road became an important source of protein for many a family.

An important feature of road kill is that the hunting has been done for you. There the animal lay; all you need to do is pick it up, skin it out, and cook it up. A gift from the Gods a hungry man should not pass up!"
"During times of natural and manmade disaster or economic collapse food sources can quickly dry up. It’s amazing how preconceived food prejudices are soon rejected when real knawing hunger sets in. After a few months without enough food and you will think nothing of eating insects, worms, rats, or anything else that comes your way. Served with wallpaper paste a nice road kill raccoon roast would be a seriously welcome addition to the dinner table."
read the whole thing,!
<broken link removed>
I need to go get lunch.

"Smogarian"= older politically correct name to use for generic nationallity/race.

How many smogarians does it take to eat a possum? Three, one to eat two to direct traffic.

Last Edited:
A delicacy for many reasons - I'm sure it was pretty rare for one thing - how many people were still driving, and how many people were driving fast enough to hit an animal that ran out infront of them!

Nowadays we have it easy! I don't think there's a single day I've driven out to our property in Marcola I haven't seen dead deer on the road, or had to stop for live deer in the road!

My father lived through the big depression in the 30s. He said he ate so much wild game road kill his butt got so wild he couldn't catch it to wipe it.

jj

Q: Nice Buck. What did ya use to take him?

A: F-150.

I knew someone down in the Medford area that had this big 2x4 bumper on his f-150, whenever he seen a deer in the road he said he would floor it.

But lets not forget the little critters too, with some Tabasco they can be good eating, just carry a shovel and bag to scoop 'em up and put 'em in.

Lyric to Road Kill Cafe
http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/arapaho/road_kill_cafe-lyrics-592035.html

In the still of the night or day
There's a thumping sound on the highway
What looked like a river was a road
With headlights for eyes and bumpers for toes
Bozo cruises at full speed ahead
Mr Jack Rabbit is seconds from dead
Blinded by a flash from heaven
Smashed by heavy metal from ****

Get a load of this
It might not be your kind of scene
At the Road Kill Cafe
They do not serve novelle cuisine
If you like variety
Come and have a seat with me
At the Road Kill Cafe
You won't find a cup of tea

Fur-lined burgers for the fur burger crew
Crunchie munchies on bumpers to chew
The Road Kill menu with body and soul
Always come wholesale but not always whole

Get a load of this
At the Road Kill Cafe
If you like variety
At the Road Kill Cafe
You won't be paying V.A.T.

Get a load of this
At the Road Kill Cafe
If you like variety
At the Road Kill Cafe
You won't find a single flea

Guy walks into a small resturaunt and sees an old guy sitting at the counter with his head in his hands and looking into his bowl of chili. Young guy is hungry and no service so he asked the old guy"are you going to eat that?" Old man says no, go ahead.

So the young guy is just chowing down like crazy till he gets to the bottom of the bowl and comes across a dead mouse with it's guts hanging out. Imediately he pukes it back up into the bowl. Old man mutters"yep same thing I did":D:D

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads