JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worst I've ever seen was a restaurant in Overland Park, KS where I grew up. Their head grill cook was nicknamed "Touche'". He got that name after he was taking a break on the loading doc, smoking a cigarette, and he saw a rat by the dumpster. He took a long cooking fork out of his back pocket, shouted "Touche'", and speared the rat with the cooking fork. He wiped the cooking fork off on his pants and went back in the kitchen and resumed cooking.

Beavis would have taken it inside (at 02:05). Kids mimic what they see, so a lot of fast food people did stuff like this - Mouseburger and French Flies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beavis would have taken it inside (at 02:05). Kids mimic what they see, so a lot of fast food people did stuff like this - Mouseburger and French Flies.

My younger brother, who did a brief stint at the local Burgerville, taught the other employees about the wonders of styrofoam cup races in the fryers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked at one of the two biggest pizza delivery companies whose name is actually a game. While we never did anything on purpose to contaminate the food, just the general cleaning procedures and overall quality of the employees was not up to my personal standards. I was a teenager, but quit the day a tweaker with overwhelming urine body odor was promoted to assistant manager. Things were so bad that I refused to eat any pizza unless I made it myself. To this day, I do not order pizza deliveries ever.

Now if you were one of the local cops with overzealous desire to ticket the delivery drivers, all bets were off.

The movie "Waiting", while Hollywood fiction, incorporates well every disgusting thing and stereotype in the restaurant/fast food industries. Pretty entertaining too.

I used to eat breakfast pretty regular at this greasy spoon of a diner in central Florida. The dining area was pretty gross so the kitchen must have been worse. The biscuits and gravy was awesome! Don't know if it was roaches giving it the xtra flavor or the rat droppings. Anyway I was sad when it closed down. Sometimes it's better to ignore things and just enjoy.

I used to eat breakfast pretty regular at this greasy spoon of a diner in central Florida. The dining area was pretty gross so the kitchen must have been worse. The biscuits and gravy was awesome! Don't know if it was roaches giving it the xtra flavor or the rat droppings. Anyway I was sad when it closed down. Sometimes it's better to ignore things and just enjoy.

It was definitely the rat turds.

Or Cysticercosis...
I would rather eat factory inserted extras :confused: then restaurants, most stuff that makes it in at the factory is sterilized anyways. Restaurants, you can get Hep A from very very easy possible B even. There are other health risks in the public other then Vermin in your soup.

Well I guess I know why we eat right down the street at the Local restaurant where the Barmaids (we eat upstairs in the bar as we like the less crowded room) tend to give us hugs on the way out and let us know when they are going to be back on shift. And what the upcoming specials are. We also eat at a couple of the Pubs in town and the Thai place where we have eaten for maybe 15 years or more since they opened. Their daughter who is in about 4th grade now does art work for us.

I'm a BIG believer in knowing the people who I do business with. Be it the names of the people at the hardware store that I can be in and out of three times in a day or the various restaurants around town. We tip well and always let the servers and when we can the cooks or chef's how much we enjoyed the food.

We can get a excellent steak dinner here in town with HOT vegies a nice baker and a serious Dinner salad 3-4 drinks and the bill with tip is less then $40.00

Fancy is a relative term. We go for Good.

+1 with Mark! Find a few good places, tip well, befriend the staff and you will, at least, cut down on the intentional poisoning attempts! Makes for a pleasant meal also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top