JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when I've looked at the Harbor Freight model it seemed with a lot of use it may get a bit wobbly. If it were me I would secure a piece of ply-wood across the top and see about bracing the legs too. A solid core door sounds really good if you have the tools, place and ability to trim it down to fit and put legs on it.
Most any bench can/would be wobbly if not attached to the wall.
I attached my HF work bench to the wall studs behind it with 2 simple angle brackets, one at either end.
DSC02012.JPG
Those brackets made the bench rock solid.
An added bonus of the HF bench is it looks like a piece furniture rather than something industrial/utility, a better look if it's going into your living space.
:D

Last Edited:
OP, if you are still considering that Lee stand in your original post, Harbor Freight sells something similar for about 1/3 the cost.
Universal Bench Grinder Stand
I own a couple but the only pic I have is of my drill press on one.
It has a simple wooden riser to get the drill press up to stand-up height.
That riser will work for a press too, cost nothing/made from scraps scrounged from house job sight scrap piles in my neighborhood.
IMG_1133.JPG
I know you said you don't have a saw but consider borrowing one or buying a hand saw to build a simple riser as a simple box built out of 2x6 or 2x8.
This saw works well for me:
Stanley 15 in. Sharp-Tooth Hand Saw-20-526 - The Home Depot
even cheaper
Stanley 15 in. SharpTooth Hand Saw with Plastic Handle-15-579 - The Home Depot
Edit: there's a square built into the handle of both those saws...so you won't need a square for your layout lines ;)

Last Edited:
OP, if you are still considering that Lee stand in your original post, Harbor Freight sells something similar for about 1/3 the cost.
Universal Bench Grinder Stand
I own a couple but the only pic I have is of my drill press on one.
It has a simple wooden riser to get the drill press up to stand-up height.
That riser will work for a press too, cost nothing/made from scraps scrounged from house job sight scrap piles in my neighborhood.
View attachment 518300
I know you said you don't have a saw but consider borrowing one or buying a hand saw to build a simple riser as a simple box built out of 2x6 or 2x8.
This saw works well for me:
Stanley 15 in. Sharp-Tooth Hand Saw-20-526 - The Home Depot
even cheaper
Stanley 15 in. SharpTooth Hand Saw with Plastic Handle-15-579 - The Home Depot
Edit: there's a square built into the handle of both those saws...so you won't need a square for your layout lines ;)

That's a good suggestion, nice and small too. From the reviews it looks like quite a few people use it for a press.

Black and Decker Workmate folding work stand.
-open it's top platform as far as it will go.
-measure for a top the same size or slightly larger than the open platform
-measure for a bottom that will fit under the open platform
-have Home Depot cut these 2 pieces from 5/8" 0r 3/4" plywood, or Lowes for a 10% veterans discount if your registered with them.
-clamp the new top and bottom pieces to the open platform
-drill 4 evenly spaced holes thru the sandwiched pieces
-bolt together with 1/4" bolts I use t-nuts on the bottom piece
-map out locations for presses and drill mounting holes as needed using t-nuts in bottom piece when possible, saves time in the future.

Easy to store, assemble and disassemble, can be folded even with a press bolted on.

At one time I was using this setup for a fully equipped Dillon 650 with no problems, it's surprisingly rigid.

Forgot to mention. I've been using this setup for over 20 years.
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Last Edited:
The Cam4ron pronounced, the Cameron.

Mobile reloading bench. It's what I got a while ago, put some weight in it. Take it to any flat surface and let the factory begin, then put it back somewhere unobtrusive later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top