JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There have been several threads lately with good points and information about FTF firearm sales. I was talking with a friend about FTF sales, and the legality of it over state lines. We did not agree on whether or not the laws applied to all firearms, or to handguns only. I will not say which way I thought just in case I was wrong. :s0092::s0114:

All firearms transactions across state lines must be done through an FFL.

Regarding FFL purchases, you can purchase a long gun from a FFL in another state, and take it back to your state, but handguns must be purchased from an FFL in your home state.

PhysicsGuy,is that ANY other state,or just adjoining states?

I dont know if its any state or not, but I know it applies between oregon and washington, so it may be just a adjoining state thing. (as far as long guns be purchased out of state) Obviously FTF transfers cannot occur from any state to state.

The "adjoining state" thing has been gone for years.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b2

(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? [Back]

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top