JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like rifle slings and at my age and stage of shakiness, I really need one. Proper positioning and tensioning makes for a rigid 'triangle' which reduces my rifle movement at critical times. However, depending on the jacket I'm wearing or whether I'm shooting prone, standing or kneeling, I often have to adjust and readjust the fit. If you've ever been at a shooting event where the competitiors were wearing full leather outfits, you've seen the belts they have around their support arm and the quick-release on the base of the stock. The shooters tighten up the belts almost until their blood flow is choked off! While working in the medical equipment section on an army base, I came across a nifty solution. It's a device called a C.A.T. (Combat Application Tourniquet). It has a flat, tubular webbing/velcro strap. One end is formed into a loop (for the injured appendage) and is tightened by a windlass rod which connects to another small fabric strip inside the tube. Tightening of the loop is done by twisting the rod and then clipping it into a holder. The rest of the long strap is velcro-backed and is for multiple points of adjustment. In use as a rifle sling, the arm is placed in the loop and the strap pulled until it's comfortable and secure. The long length extends out to wrap around the stock or barrel and is velcroe'd into position. Capturing the barrel and stock as one is a no-no since the barrel no longer floats. It's preferrable to place the end of the strap into an under-stock sling mount and pulling tension on it before sticking it together. If this sounds confusing, go to www.combattourniquet.com They have a better explanation of the device. The C.A.T. may be purchased for less than $20.00 at safety supply places.

Sidney in Birmingham, where it's currently very wet!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top