JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
EAOD-14-Email-SenateD Mag Ban.png
EASY ACTION OF THE DAY #14-EMAIL (D) SENATORS RE: MAGAZINE BANS

30 SECONDS TO MAKE AN IMPACT

Email (D) Senators TODAY to make your voice heard LOUDLY!

PLEASE SHARE WIDELY SO OTHERS CAN ALSO TAKE ACTION!

Simply cut and paste into your email and send!

Send to all (D) Senators included here:
To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Subject: PLEASE OPPOSE SB 6077

Senators,
Please oppose SB 6077 relating to high capacity magazines. This bill is in direct conflict with a 9th Circuit ruling, disproportionately punishes the disabled, elderly, injured, or ill citizens, and will have NO impact on gun violence.
  1. This is in direct conflict with the US 9th Circuit court ruling (Duncan vs Becerra, CA 2018) that determined magazine restrictions to be unconstitutional.
  2. Home invaders typically operate in groups
  3. It takes between 7 and 13.6 shots fired by POLICE to incapacitate a single attacker. An 8-year study of the NYPD shows ~13.6 shots fired to incapacitate a single attacker (~18% accuracy). A 15-year study shows Dallas PD takes ~7 shots fired.
  4. Reducing magazine capacity punishes anyone who may need to fight off multiple home invaders as 10 or even 15 rounds may not allow defense against a single attacker
  5. The bill disproportionately punishes the disabled, elderly, injured, or ill citizens. They may have neither the ability to carry NOR reload multiple magazines to defend their lives from multiple attackers.
  6. Finally, there are millions of magazines in circulation in Washington. Criminals will still have access, but law-abiding citizens will not. This law will have zero impact on crime, but it WILL put the rest at greater risk of losing their life or their family members.
Please, do not punish law-abiding citizens. Please oppose SB 6077.
(Feel free to add your own points as well.)
---
PS: If you share this post, make sure the text copy is shared with it. Otherwise you'll need to copy and paste the text to enable people to copy and paste into their email.

PPS: You can find a map of Legislative Districts: https://washingtonstatewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/legislative-district-map.png
Find your Legislative District: Washington State Legislature

PPPS: Join the conversation on Facebook in the Washington 2020 Legislative Action Group

PPPPS: Sources:
NYPD 8 year study by Rand Corp: 18% hit rate, 13.6 rounds to incapacitate an attacker
Dallas PD 15 year study by Loyola University Dept of Criminal Justice & Criminology: 35% hit rate, 7 rounds to incapacitate an attacker
#saveyourrighttodefendyourself #righttoselfdefense #defendcivilrights

Interesting reply from one of the democrats, maybe there is hope for this state

"I will strongly oppose gun control! Brian Blake"
I got the same response from Blake. Dean Takko said he is not supporting gun control. Word is Mark Mullet and Steve Hobbs are not supporting it either and we need to be working on Sen. Kevin Van De Wege who is almost there.

I think Blake is a wolf in another skin.

In my opposition, here's the response I got from Kevin VDW.

Thanks for taking the time to write. I really appreciate hearing this issue is a priority for you. I also have real concerns about this piece of legislation and believe that it has the potential to be problematic. I don't see myself being in a position where I could vote yes on this.

- Kevin

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads