JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this in the local paper yesterday. I don't really trust polls, but this wouldn't surprise me. Most people seem to be fully willing to give up liberties these days. Doubly so if it doesn't affect them.

This has been manipulated by the left to fit there F-ING agenda just like everything else! I don't believe a damn thing anymore on TV or in the news.

Which is why I'm here because at least I can trust the majority! :D

The problem with Spokane and eastern Washington is too many universities and university types. They all breed liberals like rabbits. The other large industry there is Medical. When those industries become dominant in a community, it is destine to go soft. Spokane even voted for Obama in recient elections. When I grew up there it was hard core conservitive. The farmers however have never been reliable conservitives, they will vote for there government subsidies every time they get a chance and they rarely come from the conservitive side.

The problem with Spokane and eastern Washington is too many universities and university types. They all breed liberals like rabbits. The other large industry there is Medical. When those industries become dominant in a community, it is destine to go soft. Spokane even voted for Obama in recient elections. When I grew up there it was hard core conservitive. The farmers however have never been reliable conservitives, they will vote for there government subsidies every time they get a chance and they rarely come from the conservitive side.

Not disagreeing with you my friend but, Eastern Washington is way better than Seattle!! If my only two options for living were eastern or seattle I still move to Idaho! :D

Along with the immigration from CA/Seattle, which has exploded in the last couple years.

The word seems to have gotten out. The cost of living and housing market is ridiculous right now.

Not disagreeing with you my friend but, Eastern Washington is way better than Seattle!! If my only two options for living were eastern or seattle I still move to Idaho! :D
I certinally wouldn't argue that point. But in the context of this conversation, it is mute. In the 60's we had many people move to the Seattle area when Boeing was hiring and paying big money. A few stayed but many people quit and came home ASAP. Why would anyone in there right mind not just go another 30 miles to Idaho......my brother is building a new multi million dollar home in Mica. We told him he was nuts not to move another 15 miles to Idaho and he is now learning why.

Spokane has been Wanna-be-Seattle for as long as I can remember (kinda like a socially ignored Seattle with severe inferiority issues, no sense of humor and a Napoleon Complex).
Even the Spokane Gun Trader has pretty much outlawed any political discussion or general discussion and has become a "trade/sell/classified" only site...I'm sure there are quite a few former members here on NWFA.

Spokane is a nice town but started a long decline when Kaiser Aluminum closed its doors. It was the largest employer in the area and even with it's union affiliation it employed real people doing real work. When I was in high school and later collage the largest income into the city was social security. The town was built as a trading hub between the farmers to the south and the miners/loggers to the north and east. The failed Canadian health care system grew the medical industry outsize for the real population and then the huge growth of Gonzaga and WSU completed the liberal bias in the city. (It still isn't as bad as Seattle). It looks like many of the people moving in are social security receiving refugees from places like Seattle and California that bring there disease with them and infect the society they have moved in to. We sold my folks house on the south hill last year (after they passed the year before) it sold for 20% over the asking price in 2 days to a woman retiring from Seattle.....cash offer, closed in 10 days and our real estate friends there say that is common.

This has been manipulated by the left to fit there F-ING agenda just like everything else! I don't believe a damn thing anymore on TV or in the news.

Exactly, my sentiments as well...

Exactly, my sentiments as well...
That is very true as well. The only problem we have here is we are preaching to the choir and potentially not seeing movements in the general society. I do believe the press is mostly wrong and lying about many things but it is easy to miss things if we stay in our own groups.

La Grande has been changing demographics for a long time. Since the college turned University, the railroad moved out, logging shut down, and less farming, the libs are gaining. Conservatives still win most votes, but recent taxes passing have really surprised me. I think the upcoming vote to legalize MJ (edit: in Union County) will be telling.

Last Edited:
P.S. I no longer care to associate with anybody behaving like an aggressive jerk, no matter what party/political bent. I'm tired of vitriol, hate, snarky, sarcastic, and unreal commentary from the general public. F*ck em.

There are still some bastions of conservatism in E Wa. Spokane Valley is mostly red and if you get out of town, up in to Stevens/Pens Oreille counties, a lot of the folks there do what they please, despite whatever comes out of Olympia.;)

There are still some bastions of conservatism in E Wa. Spokane Valley is mostly red and if you get out of town, up in to Stevens/Pens Oreille counties, a lot of the folks there do what they please, despite whatever comes out of Olympia.;)
Absolutely.......the problem is the Brown's addition in Spokane has more votes than all those places combined.

More asinine then that, 40% of dems want to repeal the second amendment. We are truly in for some rough times.

how about we mention a war on their 1st amendment rights.... Tell them they are not allowed to say gun, assault rifle, weapon of war, high capacity magazines and anything related to guns and the 2A....
Boy howdy, wouldn't they squawk like a bunch of banny roosters in a hen house...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. I no longer care to associate with anybody behaving like an aggressive jerk, no matter what party/political bent. I'm tired of vitriol, hate, snarky, sarcastic, and unreal commentary from the general public. F*ck em.

This!!! I might throat punch the next SOB that tells me that I'm evil for liking guns!

That is very true as well. The only problem we have here is we are preaching to the choir and potentially not seeing movements in the general society. I do believe the press is mostly wrong and lying about many things but it is easy to miss things if we stay in our own groups.

Yep and it still turns into an argument once in a while! which is why in post #5 I said majority! ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top