JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
REMINDS ME OF THE GUY ON THE COAST LAST YEAR... WOUNDED AN ELK AND COULDN'T FIND THE ELK THAT DAY... THE GUY WENT OUT THE NEXT DAY AND FOUND THE ELK... THE ELK GOT UP AND KILLED THE HUNTER... SAD FOR THE FAMILY...

Yeah, I had attempted to delete this posting but I'll go head and keep it open for anyone who it may help in the future…. Archery elk this year and I have managed to get over to the east side and scout a little more.. I'll be choosing east side archery… weapon of choice Hoyt set to 63lbs with a kudu brod head with a bleeder blade 414 grains is what my arrow has been built to…. I laugh when people say or mention someone getting injured by the animal because they were archery hunting … Countless attacks on rifle hunters as well.. SHOT PLACEMENT….

I remember several elk getting dropped with a 22lr as a child to keep meet on the table for the family. Shot placement is everything…. Give the animal time to lay down. and as corny as it sounds treat it like a firearm , assume that animal is loaded with adrenaline and ready to go off at all times. Good luck everyone with whatever hunt you choose to go with this year and everyone be safe.

If I could still hunt, it wouldn't be with pointy sticks. :p;):D:s0045:
Different strokes for different folks! I don't know your circumstances, but plenty of ways to still hunt I would imagine. Maybe not the same as some … I'm sure my days of walking in 10 miles plus, to get away from everyone will come to an end…. Horse back riding in high country and what not will slowdown as well. However, I'll be dammed if I don't find a way to get out to the woods somehow…. Good luck with whatever hobby or adventure you take up next …

We have plans for both sides. Depends on the weather, especially fires this year. We have about 12 different plans in place
Same here, fires are definitely messing up some prime hunting land …. I couldn't get in to one area where I normally scout for bear just before it opens… Gives me a chance to do a little deer scouting as well. That plan changed due to the fires … Good luck this year …

Archery deer down . Hopefully elk soon. Any luck this year from anyone ?

51B2749B-657E-49B4-81CF-6DD02759A3CA.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads