JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2300
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
50 BMG
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
I bought this rifle in 2011 after several discussions with the owner of East Ridge Gun Co. I researched the most accurate .50 BMG rifles and wanted one. He was building a custom "Shorty" for someone who wanted a world record accuracy level rifle but with a 30" rather than 36" barrel. (This was back when East Ridge would build your rifle to custom specifications.)

The 36" barrel length version in this rifle is the "Big Bertha" and Ed Schooler used one to achieve a .50 BMG accuracy world record at 1,000 yards. The buyer didn't follow through and so I had the rifle completed for purchase.

This is not the "Shorty" you see on the current website. The current "Shorty" has a tapered carbon steel barrel. This has the "Big Bertha" bull barrel with Lothar Walther's proprietary LW-50 steel. And the barrel is 30" instead of 36". The gun weighs over 35lbs. I believe this is the heaviest 30" barrel .50 BMG that exists.

The current "Shorty" comes with a minimalist black aluminum stock. For an extra $200.00, you can get a laminated stock. In that configuration, the current "Shorty" goes for $2,450.00.

http://statearms.com/rifles/shorty.php

My rifle has a laminated stock but it is the "Schuetzen" laminated stock which is no longer offered by East Ridge. The "Schuetzen" laminated stock is much nicer and much more beefy than the laminated upgrade currently available.

So to recap, this is a $2,450.00 "Shorty" but with a Lothar Walther LW-50 bull barrel, much larger muzzle brake and much nicer laminated stock. (If memory serves, I believe I paid an extra $400.00 for the bull LW-50 barrel and muzzle brake.)

I will also just just add that I have never seen a more heavily constructed bipod in my life.

There is not a scratch or blemish anywhere on this rifle. It has been out of the safe maybe five times including just now to take pictures and the bolt has only been out of the gun three times. It has never been fired.

This is a serious piece of hardware.

*That is a 30/06 case on the muzzle brake for scale.

Make me a serious offer.

East Ridge2.jpg East Ridge1.jpg East Ridge3.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.