Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

East of Salem?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by BullsBucksandBoars, Jul 3, 2015.

1. BullsBucksandBoars

BullsBucksandBoars The right place at the right time, OR Active Member

havimg grown up in Dallas and on the coast I've spent a lot of time shooting up gooseneck, mill creek, black rock and kings valley. I've since moved to the eastern side of the valley and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a road system outside of Scio, Mills city, Lyons that leads to a good place I can shoot 500yds+ Crooked finger above Scott's mills is a little farther than I'd like to travel. I've been trying to learn the roads in my spare time but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

2. druiseeker

druiseeker Salem Member 2015 Volunteer

Check out the Santiam State Forest outside Mill City. There are a couple of good gravel pits up there, but you can have a hard time finding them. Google Earth to find a good spot first.

3. Jonfarmer

Jonfarmer Oregon New Member

Hey Bullsbuck, is gooseneck still a suitable place for shooting? I've heard that shooting there has been banned. I'm in Salem where are you located now?

4. BullsBucksandBoars

BullsBucksandBoars The right place at the right time, OR Active Member

Not sure on gooseneck haven't been up there in few years

5. Jonfarmer

Jonfarmer Oregon New Member

Went up today, it's still good to go even has a sign that says "shooters practice responsible shooting"