JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Folks, can we please stick with the original post, promoting the East Albany Lions Club Gun and Knife show? One of the better shows in Oregon and there is a lot there to offer. The transactions will fall into place as the legalities allow so please focus on what it is, one great gun and knife show. If you are not comfortable with how the the BGC system works and that is all you will be attending the show for then by all means do not go. All the bickering and name calling does nothing positive for the show. We are here for our love of firearms so let's enjoy that and move forward. Stop by and say hi, gray bowler and usually a fiddle on my table. Keep in mind that all income from the show goes to allow the East Albany Lions Club to assist folks in need within our community.

Let's hope they don't cancel it the week before or have another 'rona lockdown. I know some businesses are getting tired of whiplash, prepping for shows only to have them cancelled last minute...whether it's gun show, sportsman shows, trade shows, etc...

Last Edited:
What is the best strategy for private transfers at this show? Do they even answer the phone?

Past shows without a backlog, it would take 30-45 minutes to do it over the phone.
Unfortunately, can't do private transfers in Oregon any more. Have to go through a FFL. I think that law is 3-4 years old. They also made it illegal for a friend to loan a gun to another friend unless they were together.

Unfortunately, can't do private transfers in Oregon any more. Have to go through a FFL. I think that law is 3-4 years old. They also made it illegal for a friend to loan a gun to another friend unless they were together.
That is not entirely correct.

There was a loophole put in the universal background check law that still allows private transfers at gun shows where the seller can directly call the State Police number to complete a BGC for transfer. The law defines show as 25 or more guns for sale. They essentially left the gun show transfer law in place that was put in years earlier.

A couple years ago a lady and her husband in Oregon were selling off her fathers collection. They had attended several shows and were using FFL's for the transfers. I wanted to purchase a firearm from them and gave them the state police number to call. They were bummed they did not know they could call direct at shows sooner.

That is not entirely correct.

There was a loophole put in the universal background check law that still allows private transfers at gun shows where the seller can directly call the State Police number to complete a BGC for transfer. The law defines show as 25 or more guns for sale. They essentially left the gun show transfer law in place that was put in years earlier.

A couple years ago a lady and her husband in Oregon were selling off her fathers collection. They had attended several shows and were using FFL's for the transfers. I wanted to purchase a firearm from them and gave them the state police number to call. They were bummed they did not know they could call direct at shows sooner.
Had no idea. Thanks

Had no idea. Thanks
On your other comment. There are several other ways firearms are temporarily given to people in Oregon that are not considered transfers and require a FFL per the law. Basically you probably could provide a hunting rifle for the hunting season to a buddy you trust and have no reason to believe is prohibited. However, anyone considering this should read the law carefully. Anything you do needs to stand up to a judge or jury.

will you have any new ammo, or only reloads?
Also, any of those FRT type triggers?
We will have a selection of new ammo from various manufacturers and calibers as well as our own remanufactured loads. Unfortunately, we will not have any FRT triggers for sale at the show, come by the shop and we can get one ordered for you.

Still on I hope, no talk of cancellation? My kids just had a youth group event cancelled for this weekend, that they had been looking forward to for a long time.

Still on I hope, no talk of cancellation? My kids just had a youth group event cancelled for this weekend, that they had been looking forward to for a long time.
We spoke to the organizer yesterday. As of then the show is still on. The signs are also out at the fairgrounds.

We're getting stuff together for it, I hope this fabricated panic doesn't shut it down.
Looks like our tables will have a bunch of good stuff besides some 1903a3's, M1 Garands, Mausers and milsurp pistols.

We're getting stuff together for it, I hope this fabricated panic doesn't shut it down.
Looks like our tables will have a bunch of good stuff besides some 1903a3's, M1 Garands, Mausers and milsurp pistols.
Stop by and say hi, gray bowler and a fiddle and maybe a banjo on the table. Other stuff also.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top