JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
In the past this has been one of the top shows in western Oregon. I suspect this will be a very good gun show since it is the first decent sized show in the south valley in two years.

I will be there. Last good show I was at was ARPC's Albany show right before Covid shut downs started. That was an odd show. People were buying lever actions like Obama was banning them. The atmosphere was weird. There was a lot of good deals that were not selling.

In the past this has been one of the top shows in western Oregon. I suspect this will be a very good gun show since it is the first decent sized show in the south valley in two years.

I will be there. Last good show I was at was ARPC's Albany show right before Covid shut downs started. That was an odd show. People were buying lever actions like Obama was banning them. The atmosphere was weird. There was a lot of good deals that were not selling.
That's good to know. This will be our first one as a dealer. Just trying to get the flow of things. We will have plenty there. Hope to meet you in person.

That's good to know. This will be our first one as a dealer. Just trying to get the flow of things. We will have plenty there. Hope to meet you in person.
Tough for a dealer with the background back log being what it is. If a guy can't walk out with it it sure makes for a small market of guys who go through instantly.

Very true. Fortunately we focus more on the ammo side. We have our manufacturing license so we will be showing up with quite a bit of that.

Tough for a dealer with the background back log being what it is. If a guy can't walk out with it it sure makes for a small market of guys who go through instantly.
Those with a CWP usually can walk within a half hour or less, those without a CWP do indeed need to make sure of the situation prior to purchasing a firearm. That being said, firearms are but a part of what will be offered at the show so keep that in mind.

Those with a CWP usually can walk within a half hour or less, those without a CWP do indeed need to make sure of the situation prior to purchasing a firearm. That being said, firearms are but a part of what will be offered at the show so keep that in mind.
It must be a big enough issue when Keiths sporting goods no longer bothers to go as a result.

If the gun show organizer is smart he'll call the state police and let them know show dates and hours prior to the show. The state police will ensure that they are staffed up to handle any sales at the show, so people aren't leaving without completing a sale.
Most gun show organizers do this to ensure it goes smoothly, and people aren't barred from completing a background check at their gun show.

If the gun show organizer is smart he'll call the state police and let them know show dates and hours prior to the show. The state police will ensure that they are staffed up to handle any sales at the show, so people aren't leaving without completing a sale.
Most gun show organizers do this to ensure it goes smoothly, and people aren't barred from completing a background check at their gun show.
Well, that is all good in a state that cares about selling guns and following their own laws!
OREGON IS NOT THAT STATE.
Having three people working from home to complete the background checks is not that impressive is it?
So the show promoter and their IQ has nothing to do with OREGON being a shi+ show for gun buyers!

You are either not from Oregon or you have not bought a gun in a long, long time. Some folks go through instantly and that is with a back log of 4,000 back ground checks in the queue. The rest of those people are waiting from a week to 10 days to get approval. This is why I brought it up in the first place. You buy a gun from Joe blow the ragman dealer who lives in Portland and you live in Eugene. The check does not go through instantly so now they take that gun back to Portland and call you next week or two weeks from now when it is approved. Now you drive 4 1/2 hours to pick up your gun. Does that sound like a recipe for a good gun show? Its not, and the very reason many dealers have chosen not to attend. If you are an ammo dealer these shows are the cats meow and guys selling all the other stuff are ok but anybody that needs a background check is going to be pissed when they now have to drive all the way to that dealer to pick up the gun as much as 5 days to two weeks later. We have local dealers that no longer do private party transfers for this same reason.

Superxjeff is right; Tough for a dealer with the background back log being what it is. If a guy can't walk out with it it sure makes for a small market of guys who go through instantly.

At the last show in Rickreall we had three CWP holders delayed. Two non holders go right through. There are several factors in the check that make it fast or delayed.

It is important for a dealer to explain all the possible outcomes to the customer. Then let them either walk or buy. Either way, the current back log created by the state is hurting dealers. Which I believe is their reason to be. Having a go between with NICS is Oregon's issues that needs to go away. It is that simple.

Well, that is all good in a state that cares about selling guns and following their own laws!
OREGON IS NOT THAT STATE.
Having three people working from home to complete the background checks is not that impressive is it?
So the show promoter and their IQ has nothing to do with OREGON being a shi+ show for gun buyers!
While I agree that Oregon does a poor job, I know that we do call them to tell them we're having a gun show, and they told us they will ensure they have staff to handle checks. SO far it's working.. So unless you've got inside info for whatever gun show you're doing, I'm unsure what else to say to you?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top