JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
East Albany Lions Club gun show this Saturday & Sunday January 12th & 13th. Great show and good folks that promote it. Free parking and very reasonable admission and the proceeds help to fund the East Albany Lions Club charities. Exit 232 off I-5, very easy to get to and normal gun show hours. A good show to attend, hope to see you there.

Pretty close. Some minor differences but overall a good show and well run. The East Albany Lions are a great bunch of people and they do good things for the community. I support those kind of shows whenever possible. Good things can be found there.

If I only had a $600.00 dollars, I would have walked out of there with a Kel-Tec KSG with Navy blue furniture. :oops:
All in all, it was on par with the Albany show that I have gone to in the spring and fall.

It was a great show. I resisted allot of GREAT deals. Saw some excellent prices on AR's, mini 14's and Mossberg 590's. I did score a $30 off coupon for Sportmans and used on a 200 round box of Hornady 308 for $109 after coupon.

May have to go back tomorrow...:)

913BFC15-D012-46A2-AF16-38D05B62BCDF.jpeg

There were a lot of smokin deals there today. I have a couple tables, but bought quite a bit. I bought 2 guns at half of what they should sell for.

You still Hl have to go trough the same process of doing the transfer through a dealer, as per Oregon state law.
Section 9 of SB941 allows private party transfers at gun shows provided the transferor performs the background check. So do you know if the Eagles Club expressly prohibit this as an option at their gunshows?

Explain to me how a private party does a background check. Hint, they can't. You have to go through a dealer. It the Lions, not the Eagles.

I have done many private transfers at gun shows. Form is available online. All you do is fill out, verify ID and call OSP. Never had one take more than 15 minutes and it only cost $10. HAS to be done on premises at a gun show in Oregon

I have done many private transfers at gun shows. Form is available online. All you do is fill out, verify ID and call OSP. Never had one take more than 15 minutes and it only cost $10. HAS to be done on premises at a gun show in Oregon
Excellent news. I think it's not well known that this can be done. It wouldn't surprise me if this exemption get's tossed one of these days.

It's not an exemption, and doesn't save you anything. It's not worth the effort. You're still doing a private party transfer, still doing a background check, and still paying a fee. I fail to see any benefit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top