JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The show seems to keep growing over the years, and usually with more good gun stuff. I found a number of items at the show I was interested in but only the top two ended up coming home.

One thing that I should mention is that a private seller with a table at the show was planning on selling firearms without going through background checks. He had no idea that it wasn't legal. Whether you agree with it or not, it's the law and one of the best ways to get gun shows shut down, or worse, universal checks for any/all sales whether they are at a show or not.

I had originally asked if he knew if the firearm was over 50 years old (I have a C&R), and he said no. I would have then just gone through a normal check, but since he wasn't set up for that, I did some research on my phone and found that the particular handgun I was buying was last made in 1942, so I was able to just use my C&R.

I believe he had a few more handguns on the table but they were more recent varieties, and I hope he didn't try to sell those without the check.

I've helped at a table for a couple ARPC shows and they always announce a reminder to the vendors right before it opens to the public that ALL transactions must go through checks. Perhaps the Albany Lions need to do something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had originally asked if he knew if the firearm was over 50 years old (I have a C&R), and he said no. I would have then just gone through a normal check, but since he wasn't set up for that, I did some research on my phone and found that the particular handgun I was buying was last made in 1942, so I was able to just use my C&R.

You know that a C&R doesn't let you purchase a firearm from a non dealer at an Oregon gun show without a background check, right?

ORS 166.438 (1)
"A transferor other than a gun dealer may not transfer a firearm at a gun show..."

ORS 166.412 (1)(f)
"Gun dealer means a person engaged in the business, as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921..."

Also, the guy didn't need to be set up to perform a check. The "blue form" should be available at the gun show from the gun show organizer (ORS 166.438 (3)). All he needs to do is fill out the form, call it in, and pay for the check.

I don't see anything that says you can't buy a firearm using your C&R to skip the background check at an Oregon gun show as long as you are buying from a dealer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top