JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
about 20+ years ago there was a 'bigger that average' quake that did minor damage to buildings all along the west flank of the Cascade foothills, and IIRC knocked down part of Molalla High School.

At the time I was ambulating on a small town side street, just preparing to make a little extra stretched step from the pavement, over a little puddle and up onto the curb. It was truly odd sensation, ground got the jiggies as I stepped up, paused momentarily in mid-step while I reflected on 'what was THAT??!!!' and stepped again with the other foot....and was treated for another but smaller jiggy feeling. Didn't occur at the moment there was a QUAKE you idiot!!!

The little water puddle ruffled a bit but it was all over in mere seconds.
Wonder how much these antique county bridges will stand.

I remember the '93 earthquake. Got woken up by it. My wife was screaming and the kids 7&6 woke up and were crying. We were all right and 10 mins later everyone was calmed down but everyone's house lights were on as far as you could see and people milling around in the street in bathrobes. I went through the one in Nov 1962 at 11 years old. I was sitting on the toilet of all places when it hit. I remember swaying back and forth on the toilet and almost fell off. That was kind of spooky for an 11 year old.

Last Edited:
I experienced the '71 quake in LA at 7 years old. Was on the second story of the house. The open window rattle for a few seconds and then the wave motion lasted for about 15 seconds. Been through a few small ones since then.

I was in gym class during my senior year in high school during the Nisqually quake. My school was less than ten miles from the epicenter. We had just gotten into the locker room when the rolling started. We shuffled outside in our skivies and found the girls shuffling out in theirs. It was the best day of my life up to that point.

I was in gym class during my senior year in high school during the Nisqually quake. My school was less than ten miles from the epicenter. We had just gotten into the locker room when the rolling started. We shuffled outside in our skivies and found the girls shuffling out in theirs. It was the best day of my life up to that point.

porkysfeature.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top