JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this early production bayonet to go with my 1902 M96 and would like some input on rarity and value. According to some Swede bayonet resources on line, the first 10,000 were produced with the flat release "stud" rather than the conical one. Only 10,000 made between 1899-1904. I had been scouring the net for one and this is the first and only one that I have seen for sale. I got it on eBay and the seller didn't know that there was an rare early version. They are supposed to have a 4 digit SN but mine is a 3 digit like the newer ones. It may have been assembled in 1904 during a transition time. What I think really makes this an unusual piece is that it is nickel plated for dress or parade use. I have cleaned it up since the photo below was taken and it looks pretty nice.

sources:

Swede 1896.jpg

I've searched so much and read so much, and it seems it just runs back out my ears, or somewhere else. o_O Have you seen this site...
House of Karlina,Gevär 1896,Swedish Mauser,m94 carbine,1894,1896,Luxembourg Model 1900 rifle

I've never read, I don't think, of a nickle plated sheath. And that frog, with the 3 crowns is a doule strap officers frog. I have an early bayonet with the EJ-AB with cone shaped release. Across the bolster is.. L over t19 No 74a No 63

I've searched so much and read so much, and it seems it just runs back out my ears, or somewhere else. o_O Have you seen this site...
House of Karlina,Gevär 1896,Swedish Mauser,m94 carbine,1894,1896,Luxembourg Model 1900 rifle

I've never read, I don't think, of a nickle plated sheath. And that frog, with the 3 crowns is a doule strap officers frog. I have an early bayonet with the EJ-AB with cone shaped release. Across the bolster is.. L over t19 No 74a No 63
I've seen that site too. There are some others as well. I have seen dress or parade bayonets from other countries but no mention of if for Swedes. I knew that it has an officer's frog. I think this thing is highly unusual. Do you know any resources where i could get an idea of value?

I have a couple Swedish bayonets. Both have the cone shaped release. Both have the EJ - AB with an anchor in between. Blades are numbered and there are also a lot of numbers on the bolsters. Yours does appear to be very unusual.

I've seen that site too. There are some others as well. I have seen dress or parade bayonets from other countries but no mention of if for Swedes. I knew that it has an officer's frog. I think this thing is highly unusual. Do you know any resources where i could get an idea of value?

gun boards.com. They have a forum specific to Swede Mausers. With real "Swedes", from Sweden! These bayonets, complete, are all over the place. It's probably up to you to find out just what you have there, on gunboards, and then go from there. I'm not sure if the supposed early model would be that much more than what I have. I know the prices on gunbroker are running up around $180.00, but you watch those and they don't sell. The guys just put 'em up over and over.

Let me know when you post there. I'd like to watch the thread.:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top