JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came across these old historical photos online after seeing a link posted in relation to a museum exhibit some time ago.

It appears that Oregonians used to not like Cougars at all. One thing that struck me about the old hunting photos that I saw, is that it seemed like virtually everyone used to hunt using Winchester lever action rifles back in the old days.

And of course, everyone seems to be using dogs, which are no longer allowed anymore for cougar hunting.

This first photo was taken near Mabel, OR in Lane County:

cougar_oldB.jpg

This is quite a whopper of a cougar:

cougar_OR1B.jpg

People used to hunt cougars in groups, in order to increase their success. This party got two. Again, note all the Winchesters.

cougar_OR2B.jpg

its funny to me no matter how old the picture is... as time goes on and technology advances... the dog in these type of pictures stays the same. just a dog bein a dog. mans best friend.

Doesn't appear to be an ounce of fat on any one of those gentleman shown in the pictures.
Hard work sunup to sundown will do that. Serious looking hombres that know how to hunt.

Quite the trap in photo 1 !

Uncle George...He liked his bacon every day! I've heard stories of him and granddad running out of syrup for their hot cakes and using bacon grease...
This is a couple cats taken just outside Cannon Beach in the late 40's..
196.jpg 171.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads