JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sales at a gun show in OR require a backround check. A gun show is when more than 25 guns are available for transfer at the venue. These statutes are relevant. Transfer of Firearms at Gun Shows http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.438 A gun show with more than 25 guns available for transfer in ORS 166.432. http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.432

Yes, I am very well aware of what Oregon law says on the matter. However, that does not change the fact that at a gun show earlier this year I personally witnessed a guy selling his own guns by walking around with a sign and the guns he had for sale on his person. He did not require a background and I didn't see anyone having a problem with what he was doing. I was going to buy the rifle he had, but he was asking too much. I'm not saying that I agree with violating Oregon law in this situation, however it didn't really stop him now did it? So, back to my original point; I think he was referring to this particular situation.

Yes, I am very well aware of what Oregon law says on the matter. However, that does not change the fact that at a gun show earlier this year I personally witnessed a guy selling his own guns by walking around with a sign and the guns he had for sale on his person. He did not require a background and I didn't see anyone having a problem with what he was doing. I was going to buy the rifle he had, but he was asking too much. I'm not saying that I agree with violating Oregon law in this situation, however it didn't really stop him now did it? So, back to my original point; I think he was referring to this particular situation.

And that is the person that will go to jail or if you buy it you may go to jail. Did you actually see this person sell it without doing a BGC? Just because he was walking around does not mean that he wasnt going to use a on site vendor to complete the paperwork. Also dont think there are not people at shows trying to entrap you either.

At the gun show at the Expo a few years ago I had a dealer tell me I could buy a Taurus PT145 and walk out with it even after I told him I was a WA resident. He claimed it was perfectly legal. I knew it wasn't and I didn't buy the PT145.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top