JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right section for this, but...
I want to pick up my own eye/ear protection so I don't have to borrow my dad's stuff all the time.

Pretty much everywhere I've looked only has like..1 or 2 of each and half of them are usually pink. ha.

Anyways. Does anyone know of a good place to look with a good selection of quality eye/ear protection? Preferably somewhere between pdx and milwaukie?

Big5 Sporting Goods stores have a pretty good selection of shooting glasses & hearing protection. I bought a pretty good "Mossy Oak" set (amber shooting glasses, & ear muffs) for $19 as a "spare set".

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone have input about the electronic muffs? (as in are they worth the extra money) I planned on checking out big 5 in the next day or so.

I have the electric (I believe caldwell) earmuffs and I like them alot. They are a "thinner" muff to begin with so even when the report of the firearm turns off the speakers they let more sound through than the cheap harbor freight muffs. However my hearing is bad enough that I like being able to hear people talk without pulling one ear out all the time.

No opinion on electronic, but form-factor-wise I like my Howard Leight headset. Thinner profile, which helps when I'm shooting long guns. I normally throw either a cheap pair of foam plugs in as well or on the rare occasion I can remember where I put them, I'll wear my custom in-ear plugs too.

Most of the time I can still hear conversation with both in, but if not odds are I probably don't care what they're saying anyway.

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone have input about the electronic muffs? (as in are they worth the extra money) I planned on checking out big 5 in the next day or so.

Caldwell makes the E-MAX line of electronic hearing protection. Their low-profile. 23db model happens to be on sale at Midway right now for $21.99, and has better customer ratings than many other brands costing way more. A friend of mine has this exact set, and I tried them at the range the other day, and they really work!

E-MAX Low Profile Electronic Earmuffs (NRR 23dB) Green

You get what you pay for with eye pro. I feel its better to pony up and find a set of Oakley M frame 2.0s on evilbay. I also have a set of Howard leights but depending on what kind of shooting you do they can effect cheek weld(more prone than standing)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top