Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Eagle Point man hides gun in PDX planter

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kevatc, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Watching some PDX news tonite as I get ready to fly our out for a little vakay. Seems an Eagle Point guy approached someone at the PDX airport because he had forgotten to properly store his handgun in his checked baggage. He was told to talk to the airline people at the ticketing counter but he decided to take a detour and was caught trying to hide his handgun in a planter. He was planning on retrieving it on his reurn to PDX. Among other things he was charged with reckless endangerment.

2. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Wow, what a tool!

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Perfectly legal to have a handgun in PDX (not that I would do it) as long as you don't try to take it past the security checkpoints, so why was he arrested?

4. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Not the sharpest tool in the tool shed.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

He was arrested because he was trying to hide his handgun in a planter at the Airport! DUH.

The charge was reckless endangerment. Meaning he did something that had a great potiential to cause harm to another person.

What part are you confused by?

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

It's legal to have a handgun in PDX as long as you don't try to go past security checkpoints, right?

So it was legal up to the point of trying to hide it, right?

7. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

And he was a retired Delta pilot. Maybe he figured he was special :)

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

:jawdrop:

9. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

You're right about being able to carry in the "non-secure" area of the airport. I think the problem came about because he was going to travel and didn't have a way to properly store the weapon as per TSA regs as far as checked baggage goes. I guess the reckless endangerment comes from just leaving a gun out in public.

Speaking of traveling with a gun checked in baggage .... Southwest is awesome. They act like you're checking a bottle of soda pop in your baggage. I can't figure TSA out though. One time they took control of my bag and had me watch from outside of a rope line thing. Another time they made a big deal of my bag. Today, I declared the firearm and the gal had me drag it myself to the TSA guy who did some type of inspection with a wand thing where he opened every pocket and swabbed it, then took all my stuff out of the bag to check the method of storage. He gave a little smirk and eye roll when he read my note duc taped to the hard case that said I will prosecute if this case is tampered with. It would've been hard to tamper with though .... 2 padlocks and the hard case cable locked to the frame of the bag.

10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

He planted a G26 and he had high hopes that it would turn into a G17 upon his return.

Akathepriest, Dinged, duldej and 3 others like this.
  11. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

When you drink too much diet and that fluoridated water.... this is the kinda stupid crap that can happen. If you don't have any common since, no firearms for you. I wouldn't trust this guy with a short stick. If he really was a pilot, how did he not crash the plane during his carrier?