Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Eagle Cap Wilderness

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by parsons_12b, Mar 3, 2009.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Anyone here have any experiance hunting over in the Eagle Cap area specificly the Minam unit. My brother in law and my self have been looking into bow hunting and I was just wondering what peoples experiances have been.

J.P.

2. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I know a guy that has elk hunted there and done well. Its really big country and I know they pack in and hunt on horses. Sorry I dont have any useful info. All I know is hard the terrain is were they go.

3. orduckhunter

orduckhunter Springfield, OR Member

I've only hunted over there during the spring bear season, but saw deer and elk all over. I imagine they'd be in much the same areas during the late summer, but I don't know that for sure.
    It's great looking country!

4. kbuc

kbuc Oregon Member

Are you talking about packing into the wilderness area or the Minam unit in general?
    There are definately elk, deer and especially bear in that unit. The elk can move around quite a bit, so if you do a drop camp, you could end up being in a place where the elk are not.

5. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes Im looking at hiking it i think Im going to make one or two scouting trips this summer.