JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I did it…

I had recently acquired a new Taurus PT92AF….for about $300. I had a friend that needed money badly so I took him up on his offer…
I like the PT92AF but like the Beretta 92 this is a heavy pistol and about as wide a grip as I can handle before it would be considered too big.
Looking around for options, I happened across many articles on the EAA Witness P Carry. I found a guy on Armslist with a new one and traded straight across. I now have a few observations.

1) The Witness fits my hand VERY well and has a 16+1 capacity. So well, in fact, it almost seems like a single stack 9mm.
2) I consider the Springfield XDM to have the best finish of available polymer pistols. I give them a 10. I give Glock a 9. This EAA deserves an 8.5 Fit and finish are very nice and I appreciate the polished barrel.
3) One magazine sucks but I found them at Midway. Cheap at $24 as far as mags seem to be going these days.
4) Take down is a snap – just like the CZ it is cloned after.
5) I realize the PT92AF sells for about $500 new…and about $450 in LNIB on sites like NWFA. I found the Witness Carry P anywhere from $350 (Gunbroker and Guns America) all the way up to almost $550-600 (Gander Mountain and Buds) I feel the trade was fair considering I only had $300 into it regardless of what the PT92AF “might” have sold for…
6) It is VERY comfortable and more than 1/3 pound lighter (6 ounces) than the PT92AF
7) Got to put about 100 rounds down range late this afternoon. ZERO FTE, FTF, or jams. It shot perfectly. :s0155:
8) Love the beavertail!
9) Love the ability to carry cocked and locked.
10) Wish it had a decocker :(

Over all…I am really happen with this somewhat uncommon pistol. It has, however, made me lust over getting a CZ 75D. :s0114:

I never liked the 92 series. Horrible trigger, bulky and heavy for the caliber, coarse, painful to conceal profile

The reason I like the witness is it shares much of it's profile with the best fighting handgun ever, the Browning Hi Power

To prove I don't hate Beretta I love the new Nano I am breaking in, as a hideout gun

I was able to get a CZ 75B for 450 brand new. I love that pistol it fits like a glove and have never had a problem with it. I have looked at getting an EAA witness and might just get one in the future.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top