JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is just a copy and paste from the Handgun forum. I guess maybe I should have though to post it here first?

Specifically the Elite Stock II and Elite Limited and, possibly the Elite Hunter. For some reason this company seems like they really do things right, and for a reasonable price from my research. I'm shooting a CZ75 P01 in .40 and love it, but I don't have a good full size range gun in 9mm and I'm itching to get something a little more exotic, if you could call a mid/higher end EAA "exotic".

Supposedly these guns are the GO-TO competition guns in Europe. The equivalent of our Les Baer's, Night Hawks and Ed Browns? Word has it that these fire arms have, readily available, different caliber, barrel and spring sets so it's easy to change caliber. If I wanted to dabble in 10mm for instance, the gun would handle it.

Witness Elite Stock 2- Tanfoglio | EAA Corporation/ USSG

Witness Hunter- Tanfoglio | EAA Corporation/ USSG

Witness Elite Limited- Tanfoglio | EAA Corporation/ USSG

So, what does anyone know first hand of these (Fine-Looking) fire arms? Do you think $1,220.00+ fees to get an Elite Limited here is outrageous?

I called "Tigard Pawn 4 More" yesterday and spoke with Tim, the owner, as I've never done an FFL transfer and was not sure how it goes. Tim was the nicest guy you could ever talk to, and put any worries/fears I had about the process completely out of my mind! So for the price of $25.00 INCLUDING the $10.00 BGC fee, I'll drive over the them, if and when.

Thanks!

Mike

I have owned several standard witness guns in the past, always function, very reliable. The conversion sets include a slide, barrel and recoil spring. Not sure if 1200 is worth it to me, but getting a competition ready gun out of the box for that does not seem too bad.

I'm in no way a completion kind of guy! LOL Like I said, just looking for something different, exotic, dependable, no one else at the range has one, really pretty, (fill in other dumb reasons here!)

Hmm, SLIDE barrel and spring sounds spendy . I figured they'd use the same barrel for the .40, just bore it the extra.

It must be exotic/special! When a thread for generic info on a Glock/M&P/XD...... can go three pages in 48 hours, and I get one response in 24?

Thanks Coop

I have a 10mm Witness Elite Stock, haven't used it in competition but I do like it a lot. It's accurate, fits my hand well and the trigger is quite good in single action mode. If you haven't already check out Henningshootsguns.com for competition Witness parts and info.

I had an Elite Match in 10mm with a .40 barrel as well. I regret selling it. I ran 1350+fps 180gr loads through it no problem.

Absolutely do not get a 10mm in the standard model, the rounded slide will crack.

Thanks for the input guys. Like I said a big part of getting a Limited is that I really like the feel and weight of my CZ 75, but don't want the same gun in 9mm. I'm already shooting/loading .40 and don't really want to step up to a MORE powerful round, though a guy the range let me shoot a Glock in 10mm one day though and it wasn't terrible that's for sure!

I also like the idea of getting a mount and sight/scope down the road as the frame on the Limited is drilled and tapped for it. We'll see. I'll probably be seeing if Kieth's will order one for me, maybe save me money over the Gun Broker thing.

Mike

Thanks for the input guys. Like I said a big part of getting a Limited is that I really like the feel and weight of my CZ 75, but don't want the same gun in 9mm. I'm already shooting/loading .40 and don't really want to step up to a MORE powerful round, though a guy the range let me shoot a Glock in 10mm one day though and it wasn't terrible that's for sure!

I also like the idea of getting a mount and sight/scope down the road as the frame on the Limited is drilled and tapped for it. We'll see. I'll probably be seeing if Kieth's will order one for me, maybe save me money over the Gun Broker thing.

Mike

Keith should be able to hook you up, he ordered the elite stock for me. I have a G20 also, not sure which I like better honestly. The G20 seems to soak up recoil better but it's trigger doesn't compare well to the witness. One could spend a lot upgrading the Glock for competition where as the upper end witness elites are ready to go out of the box.

I shoot competition and use an EAA Stock 2. It is a DA/SA action, chambered in 9mm and 40S&W. Stock I is a short dust cover version. These guns fall under production guns and typically referred to as gamer guns because of its quality, fit and finish. It is the winning gun for the World Champion and also the National Champion (2013).

EAA are great guns. Depending on which type of shooting you will be doing, I dont think it is geared towards carry. Just too heavy. EAA limited, hunter, stock 2, these are all full dust cover guns. match limited and stock 1 are both short dust cover.

same maker but a different beast - I have a Witness P(olymer frame) in .40sw. The combination of .40 snap, bore axis and low mass frame created alot of spin: if i wasnt iron wristed it would fail to fully cycle. i sold it and moved on. nice workmanship though.

Thanks for the added input guys. It's been a month since order at Kieth's now..........

Torogi, I'm not a competition shooter in any way shape or form. LOL And, carrying is not going to happen, well, unless I got some cool chest rig to use when I was in the woods or something. A 9mm wouldn't make much of a trail gun though.

I just think it's a cool gun. And on the low slide, I agree. My CZ 75 .40 slide is easy to rack as the serrations are small and sharp. We'll see what the Witness is like, IF it ever comes. I'm surprised how snappy .40 S&W is in the full size, all steel CZ. I don't know how people can stand .40 in these small compacts and sub-compacts. Maybe that's why they're for sale so often in the classifieds?

Mike

Thanks for the added input guys. It's been a month since order at Kieth's now..........

Torogi, I'm not a competition shooter in any way shape or form. LOL And, carrying is not going to happen, well, unless I got some cool chest rig to use when I was in the woods or something. A 9mm wouldn't make much of a trail gun though.

I just think it's a cool gun. And on the low slide, I agree. My CZ 75 .40 slide is easy to rack as the serrations are small and sharp. We'll see what the Witness is like, IF it ever comes. I'm surprised how snappy .40 S&W is in the full size, all steel CZ. I don't know how people can stand .40 in these small compacts and sub-compacts. Maybe that's why they're for sale so often in the classifieds?

Mike

wish I had one in .40, there seem to be lotsa sissies out there who can't handle a .40, or who want to sit around and piss and moan about the cost of ammo. The more I think about it I think I should get another Witness

I picked up a Winess Elite Match in 9mm from a friend for a bargain.
It's accurate and feeds reloads well. I due it for tactical shooting and 3-gun.
Can't complain at all but the stock sight will have to be replaced with some fiber optics in time.

Have several 10mm's including a Colt, EAA-witness, RIA and Fusion arms. They all shoot better than me and to the point of aim. I believe value here in 10mm is in the owners ability and the 10mm cartridge.

I don't know how people can stand .40 in these small compacts and sub-compacts. Maybe that's why they're for sale so often in the classifieds?

I shoot/carry a S&W M&P compact chambered in 357 Sig. If you want to talk snappy....that thing has enough gumption to leave your hand throbbing. But, it deals out a lot of hate, so I love it.

I've always loved EAA and CZ, had a CZ clone early in my handgun life (Star Firearms if anyone knows) and loved it, just never really sat down and thought about buying another CZ aside from my over/under I picked up.

....now that I'm talking about it though....wonder what they have to offer in 357 sig.....

I have a CZ 75 p01 in .40. I like the idea of something different, and I don't have a good range gun in 9mm. Plus, I think I'll go for the optics on it down the road.

I picked up a Witness Limited in .40 last year. LOVE IT. Picked up a Match in 9mm and the slides are interchangeable. I had a guy do an amazing trigger job on my limited, and now I can soot 9 or .40. Short answer...buy one!

Just bought a match in .40 and its an amazing gun. Very tite slide to frame fit and a great trigger. first shots off the bench at 25yds a little smaller than 1.5" group. Some lite polishing to the magwell and feed ramp for competition and she runs like a swiss watch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top