JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Called gresham Bi-Mart yesterday and asked if they had received any Ruger Mini-14's. I was told they were not going to sell them any more. Not new news. But it's conformation that my Bi-Mart is backing down on guns.
So I went on line to Bi-marts site. There is an easy way to give store feedback. I think it's right there on their home page. I told them If they did not suport guns, I would not suport them. And I told them I would use my friends and contacts to send them more feedback. So that's what I'm doing. Tell them to buck the trend and sell AR-15's. Remind them the anti gunners would love to see their gun and ammo selling store gone! I said we are smart enough to see what they are doing. And it's a slap in the face.
If you like Bi-Mart then please take a minute and send them an e-mail. It's easy. And feels good to vent. Also good practice in formulating your pro-gun arguement. Please if you have the time.
Allso give me the names of other stores. And how to best contact. If there is allready a store protest thread sorry. I was realy just thinking about saving my Bi-Mart. But as I write this, it makes sence to know about other such stores. This site is a way to ask thousands to send e-mails to these stores. Let's list them. And E-mail them.

Called gresham Bi-Mart yesterday and asked if they had received any Ruger Mini-14's. I was told they were not going to sell them any more. Not new news. But it's conformation that my Bi-Mart is backing down on guns.
So I went on line to Bi-marts site. There is an easy way to give store feedback. I think it's right there on their home page. I told them If they did not suport guns, I would not suport them. And I told them I would use my friends and contacts to send them more feedback. So that's what I'm doing. Tell them to buck the trend and sell AR-15's. Remind them the anti gunners would love to see their gun and ammo selling store gone! I said we are smart enough to see what they are doing. And it's a slap in the face.
If you like Bi-Mart then please take a minute and send them an e-mail. It's easy. And feels good to vent. Also good practice in formulating your pro-gun arguement. Please if you have the time.
Allso give me the names of other stores. And how to best contact. If there is allready a store protest thread sorry. I was realy just thinking about saving my Bi-Mart. But as I write this, it makes sence to know about other such stores. This site is a way to ask thousands to send e-mails to these stores. Let's list them. And E-mail them.

Wow, I didn't know they were going to do that. I will send them feedback as well.

I really like bi-mart, and hit the gun island every time I'm in the store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You are wasting your time. I e mailed them about rude treatment from a sporting goods clerk and received no reply. E mailed them about getting panhandled in their parking lot. No reply. Called and left messages for the manager. No reply.

Sporing goods make up a small portion of their sales, and if you think that by e mailing them and complaining, that your are going to actually impacting a management level decision then go right ahead. But they could care less about affecting a small portion of their sales. Everybody will keep shopping there anyway.

I just sent the following email.

Good Morning,

I am writing to you today because a number of Bi-Mart locations in Oregon, including the one in Gresham are reporting that you will no longer be carrying the Mini-14 rifle in your stores. I have also noted that this particular rifle as well as many others are absent from your website. It would appear from these actions that Bi-Mart has decided to cave in to the emotionally charged political environment currently surrounding our second amendment rights and our rights to gun ownership in America. I can promise you that if this is the path that Bi-Mart is choosing to take that I will express my dissatisfaction with this decision by no longer patronizing your stores for firearms or any other products that you may carry in your stores. I will also encourage all of my fellow gun enthusiasts to follow suit and boycott your stores as well. Now is not the time to succumb to liberal political pressure, but to stand tall for the rights that we hold near and dear to our hearts as Americans, rights that our founding fathers in their wisdom deemed critically important enough to write them into our second amendment with the words "shall not be infringed upon" meaning never, ever. I would urge you to reconsider your decision to no longer carry any model of firearms in your stores and to stand tall in support of your fellow Americans who have supported you in the past. Thank you for your time and your consideration.

And yes a single email will probably not make much if any difference, but a few hundred of them may get someone's attention. The same way as a single email to your state and federal representatives won't make much difference, but a few hundred or a few thousand emails will get their attention. I for one will not give Bi-Mart any more of my money if this is in fact going to be the course they take. If they choose to abandon selling firearms or any other product, and if that decision begins to affect their bottom line they will have to respond and take corrective action if they want to survive in this economy. I have always liked and appreciated Bi-Mart, so will reserve judgement until I find out for sure what they are planning on doing in regards to their firearms sales in the future. I did call about 15 different stores a week or so ago asking about the mini and only one other store told me they weren't planning on selling the mini, the Gresham store didn't mention they wouldn't be selling it at that time, so hearing that they are now saying they won't be carrying the mini either is more than a little distressing. Hopefully this isn't true. The coming weeks will tell. This battle is far from over. We need to keep the pressure on our politicians and stores like Bi-Mart.

Great lets all email them and see if we can really piss them off. And then what we loose one of the biggest supporters of the shooting community we have? I been doing business with BiMart since 1976. My dad before that.

Stop wasting your energy pissing off our friends and start writing the A holes that make the laws.

Great lets all email them and see if we can really piss them off. And then what we loose one of the biggest supporters of the shooting community we have? I been doing business with BiMart since 1976. My dad before that.

Stop wasting your energy pissing off our friends and start writing the A holes that make the laws.

The a holes that make the laws wont have to make any laws if all these stores keep pulling stunts like not selling certain weapons or ammo for certain types of weapons !

I have emailed to Bi-Mart on numerous occassions and NEVER got a reply to any of them. I even sent one asking of I had the correct email address for customer relations and didn't get a reply.

I have emailed to Bi-Mart on numerous occassions and NEVER got a reply to any of them. I even sent one asking of I had the correct email address for customer relations and didn't get a reply.

This is fairly common with a lot of business's actually. They have these great internet presences and websites, with all the contact us information and all, and these e mail address's go into some blind box that no one checks.

Instead of having them forwarded to an appropriate person for action or response, they just sit there and go cold. As a business consultant, I work with a lot of business's on their online presences and social media efforts, and any of those "contact us" e mails are going to go to someones in box to deal with. Bi Mart is a huge company so no big deal to them if a few e mails go unanswered.

Smaller business not so much. I recently solicited online estimates or quotes from 3 different business's on a quote for services for one of the company's I work with. 2 of them never even got back to me. 1 got back to me 4 days later, and scheduled an on site visit for the next day which they did not show up for. 3 days later they walk in unannounced and want to give us a quote.

Horrible customer service. I then approached all 3 about helping them with this "problem" they have, and one hired me to help correct the problems, and the other two....never responded.

G I Joes who then became Joes who then became Extinct lost their way also; abandoning their prime customers. If BiMart follows through with this, we'll just see a few more empty storefronts around town.

I used the Joe's example in my e-mail to Bi-Mart. I asked them to look at who there customers were. I mean if you don't like the Idea of selling to rednecks then be honest and just stop selling guns and ammo. But Don't lie to yourself about your base customers.

It's not just about the guns and ammo for Bi-Mart. General Sporting Goods make up a good portion of their business, and a lot of the folks that buy guns also buy sporting goods, not to mention canned food items (which they have good prices on, can you say PREP?).

I will be writing, whether it falls on deaf ears or not. They need to know that this decision very well could impact their bottom line.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top