JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Electronic?
I'm guessing his was paper. Longest I've heard of is 289 days for eForm and it was a denial due to background check not being completed.
I have a can in on 7/5 but this one has my UPIN attached (which I got in May after dragging my feet) so I'll be curious to see if it matters at all. Problem is, now that they're wrapping up the last of the paper forms they're going to be throwing the whole team onto eForms. So there's no real way to tell if it does in fact matter.

I'm guessing his was paper. Longest I've heard of is 289 days for eForm and it was a denial due to background check not being completed.
I have a can in on 7/5 but this one has my UPIN attached (which I got in May after dragging my feet) so I'll be curious to see if it matters at all. Problem is, now that they're wrapping up the last of the paper forms they're going to be throwing the whole team onto eForms. So there's no real way to tell if it does in fact matter.
He posted in the E-File thread, so I wasn't sure.

Instant approval to boot. FYI, my instants are dependent on ODL matching verbatim to 4473; middle initial vs full middle.

I'm wondering assuming measure 114 passes, if I'll have to get a gun purchase permit, to fill out a 4473 to transfer my can that probably won't be approved for another couple months, judging by everyone else's time here.

I'm wondering assuming measure 114 passes, if I'll have to get a gun purchase permit, to fill out a 4473 to transfer my can that probably won't be approved for another couple months, judging by everyone else's time here.
It's a good Q. Most dealers I have heard of locally think suppressors won't be affected. Some dealers clearly use regular process for suppressors so those would be affected 100%. @solv3nt just had one of those today I think. I would suggest asking your dealer if it will affected or not.

It's a good Q. Most dealers I have heard of locally think suppressors won't be affected. Some dealers clearly use regular process for suppressors so those would be affected 100%. @solv3nt just had one of those today I think. I would suggest asking your dealer if it will affected or not.
I would think that the NICS BGC would be paramount. Once the stamp comes in you only have to fill out a 4473 to move the can from the FFL's possession to you. Never have had a can have to go through a 2nd BGC. But then again we are talking Oregon!!

I have always passed BCG so fast (unique name, other cans) I'm not sure if they were running a check to transfer the can to me, or if I was just filling out a 4473 for the store books only. Even if I ask what the store will do does it matter? I'm stuck with them transferring the can to me via their methods right?

I have always passed BCG so fast (unique name, other cans) I'm not sure if they were running a check to transfer the can to me, or if I was just filling out a 4473 for the store books only. Even if I ask what the store will do does it matter? I'm stuck with them transferring the can to me via their methods right?
Anytime an NFA item changes hands it must include paperwork for each transaction. Form 3 from maker to FFl, then the FBI check, then once approved the FFL must have a 4473 to show the transfer to you.

So I suppose I'll be waiting to see what happens with that 4473 in say February, if it's a gun permit required for a 4473 transfer of can or just a 4473 with no gun permit required. I really don't want to do all that permit bull.

So I suppose I'll be waiting to see what happens with that 4473 in say February, if it's a gun permit required for a 4473 transfer of can or just a 4473 with no gun permit required. I really don't want to do all that permit bull.
I was ready to walk away from my obsidian can if I had to have a permit.

So, US went ahead and did another bgc?
I won't be purchasing from Umpqua Survival again though.
PXL_20221223_173519799.jpg

After the one that they are holding and the other that is waiting on form 3, all other purchases are going either GP, Medford, or Eugene. Just a PITA with this job to go anywhere other than Roseburg. I was going to buy a SxS that they have, but decided not to give them the profit from the sale. I'm even breaking my standard of spending money with them for doing the SS transfer. All they'll get is the OSP fee.

After the one that they are holding and the other that is waiting on form 3, all other purchases are going either GP, Medford, or Eugene. Just a PITA with this job to go anywhere other than Roseburg. I was going to buy a SxS that they have, but decided not to give them the profit from the sale. I'm even breaking my standard of spending money with them for doing the SS transfer. All they'll get is the OSP fee.
They get a cut. They weren't going to allow me to take it after three days had I been delayed. I'll wait for the ip114 to sort out with NFA toys before I hit other on another can, then I'll drive somewhere else that understands the FICS isn't required.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top