JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So are there any gurus with eforms that can tell me what these symbols mean? The eye has been there for weeks but today there is the paper with a x and wondering what that means as they don't give you a key to explain the different things.

Screenshot_20230131_081507_Chrome.jpg

I called the other day just to check my status because I couldn't recall exactly the date in which I had submitted it. They say they received it July 25 of last year and said that they are processing them at an average wait time of 274 days looks like I'm still about four months out, or more.

Well, the paper with the X symbol on it means to cancel, so do not do that!! I found that if you are in the document and put the curser on the symbl there is usually a drop down little note saying what it is. But you have to be logged in to the document.

My last paper Form 4 came in and got picked up today!! Hybrid 46. 11 1/2 months!! This is the one that the previous stamp was 'lost' and I had to redo the whole thing again. Returned the can and refiled. Started in 2020 and done today. Not going to bubblegum (again) just glad its done. Thinking of finishing a build and pinning it onto it.

Last Edited:
Just a quick question here. Is it common for an FFL to not call a customer about their tax stamp being approved? And also how long does it usually take for the tax stamp to arrive from when the ATF approves it?

I called the ATF yesterday and was told my Form 4 was approved back in Dec 9, 2022 and I had to call my shop to check up on it. Now I'm waiting because my cans are at another shop that only the owner can get and he's out of town until next week.

Just a quick question here. Is it common for an FFL to not call a customer about their tax stamp being approved? And also how long does it usually take for the tax stamp to arrive from when the ATF approves it?

I called the ATF yesterday and was told my Form 4 was approved back in Dec 9, 2022 and I had to call my shop to check up on it. Now I'm waiting because my cans are at another shop that only the owner can get and he's out of town until next week.
If a shop isn't contacting you within 24-hours of receipt of your tax stamp (non-business days excluded) I would be looking for another shop. It only takes a minute to inform a customer by their preferred contact method whether voice/text/email.

I have had tax stamps take as long as 4-weeks from date of approval to post mark date on the envelope the tax stamp arrived in.

First, was this a paper form4 or an eform?
The paper from 4 has an actual stamp attached. The eform is just a copy of of the stamped form, and usually they send you a copy when they form you it's approved.
But I am confused when you said your FFL had someone else holding your suppressor. Doesn't sound legal at all. I would certainly get it picked up asap.

The paper from 4 has an actual stamp attached. The eform is just a copy of of the stamped form, and usually they send you a copy when they form you it's approved.
But I am confused when you said your FFL had someone else holding your suppressor. Doesn't sound legal at all. I would certainly get it picked up asap.
This is great clarification. My comment was in regards to a paper tax stamp via paper form4. If you submitted via the eform 4 process then you are responsible as notification was sent to the contact information you provided at time of submission.

This is great clarification. My comment was in regards to a paper tax stamp via paper form4. If you submitted via the eform 4 process then you are responsible as notification was sent to the contact information you provided at time of submission.
True the\at. I really wonder about the OP's FFL arrangement with another person/FFL. To do so would require a Form 3 to be filed, and the can doesn't belong to the first FFL. Sounds very odd.

Sorry for the vagueness. It was a paper form 4.
When I went to the FFL yesterday to ask them about my cans because it's been 2 months since they had been approved the guy at the shop went to the back and told me that my cans were at another location and that only the own can bring them here to this current shop. He said the owner was out of town and that I would have to wait until next week when he returns to be able to pick them up. Just my luck that I'll be out of town for a week and a half starting next week.

Sorry for the vagueness. It was a paper form 4.
When I went to the FFL yesterday to ask them about my cans because it's been 2 months since they had been approved the guy at the shop went to the back and told me that my cans were at another location and that only the own can bring them here to this current shop. He said the owner was out of town and that I would have to wait until next week when he returns to be able to pick them up. Just my luck that I'll be out of town for a week and a half starting next week.
See if it smells like gunpowder when you pick it up. Just kidding, sorta.? Maybe it's a security thing to not have them on site?

Sometimes, the 'actual' FFL holder is not necessarily the name of the shop. Some FFL's have had their license and thus the business, under a different name than the shop he or she is presently representing or working with. This is the case with the guy I purchased my can from, which was at first a minor point of confusion.
Now, the fact that 'they' received your approved request and tax stamp, and failed to notify you in a timely manner, is TFU, and the actual FFL holder should come in off of his vacation and make fix, promptly. Furthermore, after you get your purchase and paperwork, I would cease any further business with this company. There are better, more ethical shops out there to give your money to. But, that's just my personal opinion. As they say, "go with what you know."

Sometimes, the 'actual' FFL holder is not necessarily the name of the shop. Some FFL's have had their license and thus the business, under a different name than the shop he or she is presently representing or working with. This is the case with the guy I purchased my can from, which was at first a minor point of confusion.
Now, the fact that 'they' received your approved request and tax stamp, and failed to notify you in a timely manner, is TFU, and the actual FFL holder should come in off of his vacation and make fix, promptly. Furthermore, after you get your purchase and paperwork, I would cease any further business with this company. There are better, more ethical shops out there to give your money to. But, that's just my personal opinion. As they say, "go with what you know."
Yeah I learned my lesson. I'll be taking my business and referrals elsewhere from now on.

But to keep things on topic, it took just about 380 days for my approval

You know, when this started the ATF said it was going to concentrate on getting through the backlog of paper Form 4s, and then the times would drop down on the eform 4s. Scary part is that I'll bet there are still plenty of paper forms still outstanding. Not seeing much difference between the two.........

UPDATE- (Tuesday)- Just called the ATF # this am. My integrated suppressor was certified on 7/17/22. The response today was that it is PENDING. I had to go back and listen to the intro to learn that PENDING means that an inspector HAS NOT BEEN ASSIGNED YET!!!!!!!
8 months in. Why would people ever think their government was inept? If they can accomplish this task in the final 30 days, why can't they do it in the first 30 days?

OK. Rant over. I'm gonna go back to bed

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews